Illumination.

Monday, February 14, 2011

On Friday I showed you the beginnings of a project that I was working on.  I was frustrated that I couldn't finish it on Thursday, but you better believe that it was totally completed on Friday!

I'm so excited about how it turned out!

So, are you curious about what I did?  I installed under-cabinet lighting in my kitchen! YAY!

Before:

After:

Seriously.  Doesn't that just make a huge difference?!?

This was actually a much more time & labor intensive project than I expected (after reading several blog posts with "how-tos"), but I'm so proud that I did it all by myself.  I absolutely love the way it transforms my kitchen.

What do you think?


11 comments:

Ashlynn said...

Looks beautiful! It really is amazing what lighting can do! And thanks for the advice on my problem wall. I like your idea :)

The LaJeunesse Family said...

love love love love!!!!!!!!!

Lauren said...

LOVE!! Your kitchen is SO pretty!!!!!!!!! :)

Sweet Simplicity said...

It looks great!! I'm very impressed that you took on this project.

Megan said...

Wow great job!! I am TOTALLY impressed!

Melissa said...

Whoa girl, I'm impressed! You did an awesome job and it looks great!!

Amber Risher said...

You are super woman! Can I hire you? lol It looks amazing!

Mighty M said...

Nice job! When will your HGTV show start? :) It looks really good.

blessedmomto8 said...

We had our contractors install when we added on! LOVE MINE! You did a GREAT JOB!

Aubrey said...

You truly amaze me. Framing mirrors, building beds, installing lighting. You could start your own home improvement business!!!

Cait said...

just came across your blog and i love it! seriously it's so FAB! wow and you did a GREAT job with the whole thing! can you come do mine :)

let's get acquainted

My Photo
THE Stephanie
I’m Stephanie - wife to one extremely handsome cop; mother to two extremely silly kids. The hubs and I have been married since February ’99. I love him more each day and simply can’t get enough of him. My daughter, Ashton, is 12 going on 17. She’s beautiful, creative, smart, and oh, so sassy. Taylor, our son, is 8 and is so much like his daddy it’s scary. He makes me laugh all the time with the silly things he says and does. He won’t remember what you told him 5 minutes from now, just like his daddy. I love to laugh and spend time with friends and family. I’ve also recently discovered a love for cooking and enjoy sharing recipes. I love finding new blog friends, so be sure to leave a comment so I can do the same!
View my complete profile

I'm a weather addict