I can't do nothing.

Friday, February 11, 2011

Yesterday afternoon, I posted this as my FB status: "Excited to go home, make dinner for the kids, and then do absolutely nothing. I haven't done nothing in quite a while."

Several people "liked" my status and my dad even called and wished me a good evening of doing nothing, but I should have known.

YOU should've known!

I can't do nothing.

This is a blessing and a curse. The blessing is that if there's something that needs to be done, it will get done. On the other hand, the curse is that I can't let something sit. I can't rest if there's something that needs to be done. (FYI, there's a lot that needs to be done when you move into a new house.)

Granted, last night wasn't a need, but I have a project that I desperately want to get done, so I gave it a go.

And didn't get it done. That's the worst.

Want a hint?

Yes, that is a giant hole in my pretty, new cabinet.

Yes, that is an attempted hole in my pretty, new cabinet.

I was pretty frustrated that I couldn't complete at least part of my project, but I plan to remedy that this evening so hopefully I'll be back next week with finished project pics.


2 comments:

Lindsey said...

OMG I am the same way! I will not rest until it is complete, it is def a curse sometimes!

Amber Risher said...

Ever since I became a mom...when I have free time to do "nothing"...I never just do nothing...I fly around the house tidying and doing odds and ends. Somedays I wish I could just sit around and watch TV without jumping up and do something. Good luck on your projects

let's get acquainted

My Photo
THE Stephanie
I’m Stephanie - wife to one extremely handsome cop; mother to two extremely silly kids. The hubs and I have been married since February ’99. I love him more each day and simply can’t get enough of him. My daughter, Ashton, is 12 going on 17. She’s beautiful, creative, smart, and oh, so sassy. Taylor, our son, is 8 and is so much like his daddy it’s scary. He makes me laugh all the time with the silly things he says and does. He won’t remember what you told him 5 minutes from now, just like his daddy. I love to laugh and spend time with friends and family. I’ve also recently discovered a love for cooking and enjoy sharing recipes. I love finding new blog friends, so be sure to leave a comment so I can do the same!
View my complete profile

I'm a weather addict