House updates.

Friday, February 18, 2011

Slowly but surely, we've been hanging a few things on the walls and adding some accessories. Joey and I are both minimalists, so we don't like a lot of stuff. In our own house, it just feels like clutter.

Although we disagree sometimes on what is considered clutter.  Thus the Throw Pillow Debacle of 2011. We shall not speak of this.

Here are a few progress pics.

Let's begin in the dining room. Here's what we started with:


Here's what we have now:

(In case you want to know, the mirror, canvas on the opposite wall (below), and the centerpiece all came from Ross. I ordered the rug online at rugsusa.com.)

I still need to get some decorative balls to put in the centerpiece, but overall, I'm really happy!


Moving on to the kitchen.  Here's where we began:


And what we have now:

(Please ignore the step stool and chips. Decorating makes me hungry.)

All I've done is add the under cabinet lighting and the accessories above the cabinet.  You might recognize some of the accessories as previous wall art in the old house.  Use what you got, right?  And if you don't have enough, then go to Ross!  And Hobby Lobby to shop the clearance section.

These are the biggest changes that we've made so far, other than the backyard, which I still don't have pictures of.  We've done small things here and there, but I'll hold off on showing any of that until it's more substantial.

Hope you all have a fabulous weekend! I'm spending mine building that media console.



7 comments:

Melissa said...

I love your dinning room table and that rug under it!

Amber Risher said...

Love seeing your home come together. The dining room looks perfect!

Lauren said...

It's looking SO great!!!! :)

blessedmomto8 said...

Looks SO GOOD STEPH! I TOO, grew up with clutter (my mom collected EVERY figurine known to man) and am now a MINIMALIST! LOVE IT!

The Shabby Princess said...

We have too much stuff!! Lord help us if we ever move. Ha! I want to start paring it down, but, I do the "well, what do we part with, what do we keep?" song and dance and it's exhausting. So, I end up with a Diet Coke, some chips and salsa and just leave it.

Kelsey @ Seattle Smith's said...

It looks SO great!

Lindsay said...

your house looks fabulous!! you have done such a great job! please come to charleston and show me how to build furniture! :)

let's get acquainted

My Photo
THE Stephanie
I’m Stephanie - wife to one extremely handsome cop; mother to two extremely silly kids. The hubs and I have been married since February ’99. I love him more each day and simply can’t get enough of him. My daughter, Ashton, is 12 going on 17. She’s beautiful, creative, smart, and oh, so sassy. Taylor, our son, is 8 and is so much like his daddy it’s scary. He makes me laugh all the time with the silly things he says and does. He won’t remember what you told him 5 minutes from now, just like his daddy. I love to laugh and spend time with friends and family. I’ve also recently discovered a love for cooking and enjoy sharing recipes. I love finding new blog friends, so be sure to leave a comment so I can do the same!
View my complete profile

I'm a weather addict