All moved in!

Thursday, February 3, 2011

Wow. A lot has happened since I last blogged!

Let's see...

I got my first early housewarming gift.

(In case you haven't heard, one of my favorite things about the new house is the jetted tub in the master bath.  I've been talking about it non-stop and couldn't wait to move in just so I could take a bath.  Joey was so incredibly thoughtful with this gift!)

We closed on the new house!

(YAY!!  We have keys!!)

We moved all of our belongings into the new house.

(By "we", I of course mean Joey and a friend.  I directed "moving" traffic and unpacked the boxes - with lots of help from family and friends, of course!)

We assembled chairs, tables, shelves, and anything else that needed assembly.

(Again, by "we" I of course mean my dad.  He walked around the house, drill in hand, putting everything together.)

Then there were a few installations.

(Props to my wonderful husband for giving us soft water.  We only had one major spewing of water from the pipes, but all seems to be good now.)

We also laid the sod in the backyard, but unfortunately I have no pictures of that.  Here is where you use your imagination to picture a backyard full of grass.  Ok, go.

And last, but not least, there was fort building.

(As you know, moving requires tons of boxes.  One afternoon I was in the garage tearing them all down, when Taylor decided they would be best put to use as a fort.)

We had our share of mishaps with phone companies, cable companies, and alarm companies, but in the end, everything is as it should be. We still have a lot of work to do, but we are loving the house and enjoying every second of making it ours.

Thank you all for your congratulations and compliments via Twitter!  Y'all are so sweet!



12 comments:

Melissa said...

I wanna see pictures when you get it all set up! I'm so happy for yall!

Lauren said...

Ahhh, so thrilled for y’all. A long time coming!!!! Have a blast making that home yours and making sweet memories!!! :)

Christy said...

Yay!! Congrats girl!!

Lindsay said...

yay! yay!! i know you are thrilled! enjoy getting all settled!

The Shabby Princess said...

YAY!!! Can't wait to see more pictures!

Grand Pooba said...

That's awesome!!! I love moving into a new place!

Patience said...

Yay! How exciting!

Annie said...

so happy for you guys!! i can't wait to see more pictures!! :)

Staci said...

so happy for yall!! now u must invite us over!! ill be waiting!!

Mighty M said...

Welcome home!!!! :)

California Wife said...

Yay, so happy for you! Can't wiat to see some more pics!

Trina said...

What a sweet gift from the hubs! So excited for your new house!

let's get acquainted

My Photo
THE Stephanie
I’m Stephanie - wife to one extremely handsome cop; mother to two extremely silly kids. The hubs and I have been married since February ’99. I love him more each day and simply can’t get enough of him. My daughter, Ashton, is 12 going on 17. She’s beautiful, creative, smart, and oh, so sassy. Taylor, our son, is 8 and is so much like his daddy it’s scary. He makes me laugh all the time with the silly things he says and does. He won’t remember what you told him 5 minutes from now, just like his daddy. I love to laugh and spend time with friends and family. I’ve also recently discovered a love for cooking and enjoy sharing recipes. I love finding new blog friends, so be sure to leave a comment so I can do the same!
View my complete profile

I'm a weather addict