12 years.

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Yesterday I ended up with an unintentional 3-day weekend, courtesy of strep throat and an ear infection.  Luckily, though, after 3 doses of antibiotics, I was feeling like a new person and we were able to keep our plans to celebrate our 12 year anniversary.

Joey took me to dinner at Paesanos - a place that we never go because we could eat anywhere else 3 times before we'd reach the amount we'd pay to go to Paesanos.  But, we had a gift card and an anniversary, so we went for it.

It was a beautiful night so we sat outside beside the pond.

(Please love the "ghost" behind Joey's head.  We haven't had a hard freeze in SA in over a week - and none forecasted - but they still have all of their plants covered.)

Look at the huge fish in the pond!  We enjoyed watching them and tossing in the occasional bread crumb as well.


Of course, we had to take the obligatory self-portrait.

I ordered the Shrimp Paesono and it did not disappoint.


But I have to say, Joey's steak was the best I'd ever had.  Seriously, so good!!


After dinner we went to see Unknown. (Such a great movie!) 

We had a great evening together, just relaxing.  Dinner was wonderful and the movie was great.

Happy anniversary, baby.  I love you!


13 comments:

Lauren said...

Awwww, so sweet. You two are just gorgeous together!! Happy anniversary, glad you had a great one!! And that food looked amazing!!!! :)

Mrs. Bear said...

Looks like a lovely night! That steak... oh if I could eat steak...mmmmm. So happy you could celebrate your anniversary!

Virginia Belle said...

So sweet! Happy 12 years! You guys look like a fantastic couple :) That steak looks amazing!

Melissa said...

What a fun place! Happy anniversary!!

Lauren said...

Happy Anniversary!! The food looks delicious!

Annie said...

happy anniversary!! :)
you two make such a cute couple!
the food looks amazing, glad you had a wonderful night together!

Joey said...

happy anniversary fruit loop

Trina said...

Congrats on 12 years! Our ten year anni is coming up in August :)

PS Your hubs looks so much like Slater. Even my hubs said it when we got your card in the mail! lol

Lauren said...

Happy Anniversary! That food looks amazing, thanks, I am now hungry. :) Glad you are feeling better!

Grand Pooba said...

I love fine dining!!

Happy anniversary!

Kelly said...

You look beautiful!
Glad you are feeling better and had a nice anniversary night!

Mighty M said...

A perfect night!! Happy Anniversary!!

Naturally Caffeinated Family said...

(I'm a little late ;) but) Happy 12 year anniversary!! glad y'all had such a great and yummy anniversary dinner! :)

let's get acquainted

My Photo
THE Stephanie
I’m Stephanie - wife to one extremely handsome cop; mother to two extremely silly kids. The hubs and I have been married since February ’99. I love him more each day and simply can’t get enough of him. My daughter, Ashton, is 12 going on 17. She’s beautiful, creative, smart, and oh, so sassy. Taylor, our son, is 8 and is so much like his daddy it’s scary. He makes me laugh all the time with the silly things he says and does. He won’t remember what you told him 5 minutes from now, just like his daddy. I love to laugh and spend time with friends and family. I’ve also recently discovered a love for cooking and enjoy sharing recipes. I love finding new blog friends, so be sure to leave a comment so I can do the same!
View my complete profile

I'm a weather addict