Weekend recap.

Monday, January 24, 2011

This weekend definitely had its ups and downs.

It started "up" when I headed to the new house after work to find our gorgeous front door, landscaping, blinds on all the windows, and door knobs.  It actually looks like a house!  I'm so excited for Friday I can hardly stand it.


Later that evening, I grabbed the kids and we headed to my parents house to put the final coat on Taylor's bed.  It's finally done!

The "bad" crept in later that night when Taylor started to get sick.  He'd had a cough earlier in the day, but now he had fever, too.  He is never sick, so this wasn't good.  On Saturday morning I ended up taking him to the med clinic - which was a good thing, because he has strep.  I picked up his prescriptions and we spent the rest of the day just laying around.

Sunday started to turn around though and Taylor was feeling much better.

Also, I've had my eye on this particular desk from World Market for the study in our new house.


It has been on sale, but the sale was ending, so it was time to go make the purchase.  When I called to be sure they had it in stock, they informed me that not only did they not have it in stock, but it had been discontinued.  (*cue major disappointment*)

After a brief hold, the manager informed me that they had the floor model and would be willing to sell it at a discount.

SCORE!!!

Long story short, I ended up snagging my desk ($230 original price) for $100!!

Now that makes for a good weekend!



6 comments:

Ashlynn said...

Ah! Amazing deal! I love the desk! I hope Taylor starts feeling better.

Lauren said...

Ohhh, I just know your house is going to be beautiful!!!!!!!! :)

Trina said...

Wow, what a bargain on that desk! *Happy dance*

Blissfully Enamored said...

SO glad that you got your desk!! it's super cute and I cannot wait to see what you do with it!!! :)

Happy Monday!

the queen said...

new house = so exciting. can't wait to hear more about the move in and decorating!!!

Sweet Simplicity said...

What a great deal! I can't wait to see more of the house.

let's get acquainted

My Photo
THE Stephanie
I’m Stephanie - wife to one extremely handsome cop; mother to two extremely silly kids. The hubs and I have been married since February ’99. I love him more each day and simply can’t get enough of him. My daughter, Ashton, is 12 going on 17. She’s beautiful, creative, smart, and oh, so sassy. Taylor, our son, is 8 and is so much like his daddy it’s scary. He makes me laugh all the time with the silly things he says and does. He won’t remember what you told him 5 minutes from now, just like his daddy. I love to laugh and spend time with friends and family. I’ve also recently discovered a love for cooking and enjoy sharing recipes. I love finding new blog friends, so be sure to leave a comment so I can do the same!
View my complete profile

I'm a weather addict