Progress.

Thursday, January 6, 2011

The house is moving right along and we are so excited every time we see significant progress.

Over the holidays, our cabinets were installed.  LOVE!


The cabinet space itself is enough to make crazy, since there are over twice the number of cabinets than what I had in our old house.  Seriously excited!!  But I do have a favorite cabinet:


It's the little things, people.  The little things.

Then they textured and painted the walls.


And poured the driveway.


When they were bricking the house in mid-December, they actually ran out before they could finish the back and some of the accents in the front.  The brick was delivered over the holidays and yesterday, they got in completed.  So excited!!


Our contractor told us that the counter tops should be installed this week.  Yesterday they installed the counter tops in the bathrooms, but no kitchen granite yet.  This is what I'm really waiting for!

However, my absolute favorite thing was delivered yesterday, but not installed just yet.  My bath tub!


Like I said, it's the little things.  But I day dream nearly every night of relaxing in my jetted tub after the kids are in bed.  Music playing, candles lit, a glass of wine... well, I don't drink wine, so nix that, but it's a nice day dream, huh?


13 comments:

Lauren said...

Ahhhhhh, can't wait to see it all finished!!!!! :)

The LaJeunesse Family said...

i wouldn't know what to do with myself with that much cabinet space!!! :)

Blissfully Enamored said...

what a cute house!!! i especially love the pull out trash cans! i really need those!!!

The Shabby Princess said...

YAY!! So exciting. And yes, it's the little things that get me too.

Drew's Mom said...

It's coming a long great. Thanks for sharing the progress with us. I'm super jealous =) Can't wait to see the whole thing finished.

Steph said...

Looking great! I get excited over all the little things too. When our house was being built I totally wanted a garbage sorting drawer but our kitchen was just too small to include it, but I did get my pot drawers. Which I total, crazy love by the way :)

Jenster said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!!!!!! nuff said.

Kelly said...

Your new house is looking great! Jealous of all that cabinet space :)

Virginia Belle said...

It looks fantastic so far! I know you have to be over the moon about have double the counter space, what an amazing difference that will make. So excited for you :)

Annie said...

so excited for you hun! your place is coming together so quick, you'll be in it before you know it :)

Rachel said...

I know your excited...happy for you guys! Can't wait to see pics when it's complete!!!!

Mighty M said...

Love watching your house progress! Whatever you drink, just put it in a wine glass when you relax!! :)

Lindsay said...

your house looks fabulous!! so happy for you!

let's get acquainted

My Photo
THE Stephanie
I’m Stephanie - wife to one extremely handsome cop; mother to two extremely silly kids. The hubs and I have been married since February ’99. I love him more each day and simply can’t get enough of him. My daughter, Ashton, is 12 going on 17. She’s beautiful, creative, smart, and oh, so sassy. Taylor, our son, is 8 and is so much like his daddy it’s scary. He makes me laugh all the time with the silly things he says and does. He won’t remember what you told him 5 minutes from now, just like his daddy. I love to laugh and spend time with friends and family. I’ve also recently discovered a love for cooking and enjoy sharing recipes. I love finding new blog friends, so be sure to leave a comment so I can do the same!
View my complete profile

I'm a weather addict