My boy.

Friday, January 14, 2011


On Wednesday evening, Joey and I were planning on attending a birthday party for one of his academy classmates.  By the time I got home from work, the kids had already headed out to dinner at IHOP with Joey's mom, so I didn't get to see either of them.

We got to the party around 7:45 and were only there for about 30 minutes when I got a call from Taylor asking me when I was coming home.  He was upset that he hadn't seen me all day and started to cry.

And my heart broke.


He cried and cried and begged me to come home. I told him how much I love him and that as soon as I got home I would come to his room and wake him up and then we could snuggle for a bit.  He reluctantly agreed.


When I got home, I did exactly what I said I would, only Taylor would not wake up for anything!  I stroked his hair and whispered, "Mommy's home.  I love you baby." But he wouldn't budge.  I tried and tried for probably 10 minutes before I tucked him snugly in bed and headed to bed myself.


Yesterday morning he woke up in such a bad mood.  I asked him what was wrong and he said that he was mad because I said I would wake him up but I didn't. I tried not to laugh while explaining to him exactly how hard I tried to wake him, but he wouldn't budge.

Then I snuggled the grumpies right of him and he seemed to be ok.



14 comments:

The LaJeunesse Family said...

you must be doing something right when your kids love you as much as they do!

Lindsay said...

such a cute story! you've got yourself some sweet babies!

Aly @ Analyze This said...

So sweet! He sure does love his Mommy!!!

Sweet Simplicity said...

That is so sweet! I love the pictures of you guys hugging. They are just precious!!

Drew's Mom said...

Such a sweet boy! I love the pictures of the two of you. Reminds me so much of how I am with my 7 year old munchkin. Glad you got him out of his mood =)

-Lauren said...

So sweet. I love the pictures!

Mighty M said...

Such a sweet boy!

Lauren said...

This is the sweetest thing EVER!!! :)

Twisted Fate said...

great photos!
very sweet!

I'm a new follower!

XxOo!

The Shabby Princess said...

He is just darling--he looks just like you. I know I say that every time, but, it's just so sweet. What a great son you're raising! My husband is super close with his mom and I am so grateful for that.

Happy Friday!

mama's smitten said...

Awe! Boys and their mammas!So sweet!

Annie said...

melt my heart!! what a sweet boy you have!
i hope my little guy adores me as much as yours does you when he is older!

LauraAnn said...

Such a sweet story!

Trina said...

So sweet! Xander is quite the momma's boy too and I love it :)

let's get acquainted

My Photo
THE Stephanie
I’m Stephanie - wife to one extremely handsome cop; mother to two extremely silly kids. The hubs and I have been married since February ’99. I love him more each day and simply can’t get enough of him. My daughter, Ashton, is 12 going on 17. She’s beautiful, creative, smart, and oh, so sassy. Taylor, our son, is 8 and is so much like his daddy it’s scary. He makes me laugh all the time with the silly things he says and does. He won’t remember what you told him 5 minutes from now, just like his daddy. I love to laugh and spend time with friends and family. I’ve also recently discovered a love for cooking and enjoy sharing recipes. I love finding new blog friends, so be sure to leave a comment so I can do the same!
View my complete profile

I'm a weather addict