It's cold. Even in South Texas!

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Yesterday Twitter and FB were blowing up with everyone talking about their snow days.  People were home, schools were closed, and movies were watched.

There was snow as close as Dallas, but no such luck for those of us in Central/South Texas.  What we had was 40 degrees, wet, and nasty.  And work.  We cant' forget work.

And since people in South Texas can't drive if there is any sort of moisture falling from the sky, this is what it felt like on my drive home, only darker, wetter, and without the trees.



It took me well over an hour to make a 30 minute commute.  It was brutal.

And when I walked through the door at home, I noticed that it was pretty chilly.  Then we found out the heater was broken and couldn't be fixed until this morning.  It dipped below freezing last night.

So when the kids were ready for bed, I tucked them in beneath piles and piles of blankets, covered up almost over their heads.  I wish I had a picture but I was too concerned with making sure we didn't all turn into ice cubes during the night.


Luckily, we all had use of our extremities this morning and thankfully, the heater should be fixed today.


6 comments:

Brown Girl said...

Oh dear, I hope they get it fixed. It is freezing here today as well!!

Virginia Belle said...

So sorry to hear about your awful commute and broken heater. I hope you have a better day today and the heater gets fixed asap!

Annie said...

hopefully the heat is fixed soon!!
and i hear ya on the commute...in minnesota it obviously snows a lot in the winter but as soon as any of the white stuff is falling from the sky, people instantly turn stupid in their cars. our 30 minute commutes take 2 hours....for some even longer. it's crazy!

Blissfully Enamored said...

oh no!!! i hope it gets fixed! we are in east texas and it is SUPER cold here today! We had some snow on Sunday but not quite enough to really count!

The Shabby Princess said...

Oh my gosh, no heat? That's brutal!

I had to go to work yesterday, it was super lame. I wanted to play int he snow/ice--it was mostly ice, but, still!

Mighty M said...

Being stuck in traffic is the worst!

let's get acquainted

My Photo
THE Stephanie
I’m Stephanie - wife to one extremely handsome cop; mother to two extremely silly kids. The hubs and I have been married since February ’99. I love him more each day and simply can’t get enough of him. My daughter, Ashton, is 12 going on 17. She’s beautiful, creative, smart, and oh, so sassy. Taylor, our son, is 8 and is so much like his daddy it’s scary. He makes me laugh all the time with the silly things he says and does. He won’t remember what you told him 5 minutes from now, just like his daddy. I love to laugh and spend time with friends and family. I’ve also recently discovered a love for cooking and enjoy sharing recipes. I love finding new blog friends, so be sure to leave a comment so I can do the same!
View my complete profile

I'm a weather addict