So I made hamburger stew and corn bread muffins, then curled up to watch the Cowboys dominate the Colts. (Ok, so maybe it wasn't exactly a domination, but we won. And that's all that matters.)
Enough football, let's move on to the best, easiest, and fastest recipe ever.
What you need:
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 can corn, drained
- 1 can green beans, drained
- 1 large can stewed tomatoes
- 4-5 potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 1 pkg. onion soup mix
How you make it:
- Brown ground beef (almost burn). Cover meat with water.
- Transfer meat and water to soup pot. Add all remaining ingredients.
- Add water to cover.
- Cook on low-medium for 1 hour.
- Add salt & pepper to taste.
Oh my goodness, this is so yummy! And it's so easy to make. I actually peeled and cut the potatoes last week and had them waiting for me in the fridge, covered in water. All I had to do last night was brown the meat and dump everything into a pot. Doesn't get easier than that!
PS - After reading through this recipe just now, I realized that I left out the stewed tomatoes. DOH!! But, I didn't notice while I was eating it, so if you're out of stewed tomatoes, no worries. LOL.