Stephanie cooks: Hamburger Stew

Monday, December 6, 2010

It was fairly chilly in San Antonio yesterday.  Cold enough that I could not go on without making some kind of soup.

And cornbread.

So I made hamburger stew and corn bread muffins, then curled up to watch the Cowboys dominate the Colts.  (Ok, so maybe it wasn't exactly a domination, but we won.  And that's all that matters.)

Enough football, let's move on to the best, easiest, and fastest recipe ever.

Hamburger Stew

What you need:

  • 1 lb. ground beef
  • 1 can corn, drained
  • 1 can green beans, drained
  • 1 large can stewed tomatoes
  • 4-5 potatoes, peeled and chopped
  • 1 pkg. onion soup mix


How you make it:

  1. Brown ground beef (almost burn). Cover meat with water.
  2. Transfer meat and water to soup pot. Add all remaining ingredients.
  3. Add water to cover.
  4. Cook on low-medium for 1 hour.
  5. Add salt & pepper to taste.

Oh my goodness, this is so yummy!  And it's so easy to make. I actually peeled and cut the potatoes last week and had them waiting for me in the fridge, covered in water.  All I had to do last night was brown the meat and dump everything into a pot.  Doesn't get easier than that!

PS - After reading through this recipe just now, I realized that I left out the stewed tomatoes.  DOH!!  But, I didn't notice while I was eating it, so if you're out of stewed tomatoes, no worries. LOL.


2 comments:

Jenster said...

oh my goodness, that is the same stew/soup my friend made. it's so delightful!!

Tiffany Crawford said...

Few cloves of garlic
1/2 to 1 onion
1 lb hamburger/turkey
1 pkg ranch dressing mix
1 pkg taco seasoning
1 can kidney beans
1 can pinto beans
1 can corn
1 can diced garlic/onion tomatoes
1 can rotel (as spicy as you like it)
1 can of water

sautee chopped onion, add minced garlic then brown meat in pot , then add all the ingredients, with juices and everything...heat through
Ta Da dinner in 20 minutes. Sooo good, served with sour cream, cheese and cubes of avacado with chips or even cornbread! Yummmo!

let's get acquainted

My Photo
THE Stephanie
I’m Stephanie - wife to one extremely handsome cop; mother to two extremely silly kids. The hubs and I have been married since February ’99. I love him more each day and simply can’t get enough of him. My daughter, Ashton, is 12 going on 17. She’s beautiful, creative, smart, and oh, so sassy. Taylor, our son, is 8 and is so much like his daddy it’s scary. He makes me laugh all the time with the silly things he says and does. He won’t remember what you told him 5 minutes from now, just like his daddy. I love to laugh and spend time with friends and family. I’ve also recently discovered a love for cooking and enjoy sharing recipes. I love finding new blog friends, so be sure to leave a comment so I can do the same!
View my complete profile

I'm a weather addict