The never ending to-do list. (AKA The Great Freak-Out of 2010.)

Friday, December 10, 2010

I'm freaking out a little.

We're moving out of our house on Sunday.  I made a to-do list of everything that needed to be done - and it's a mile long.  Have we crossed anything off that list?  No.  No we have not.

Well, I take that back. I did call and schedule to have our utilities transferred to the new owner, but that has nothing to do with the actual packing and moving of our belongings!  We don't even have enough boxes!  Or a storage unit rented!

Cue major freak out!

Here's the deal:  I have the list posted of the fridge.  If it were up to me, the entire list would have been completed .5 seconds after it landed on the fridge.  I'm the kind of person who just wants everything to be done. Now.  (In case you're wondering, this drives Joey absolutely nuts!)

Joey, on the other hand, is the kind of person that stresses out over to-do lists and therefore just ignores them.  Well, he doesn't ignore them, per se, he just doesn't have the urgency that I do.  He would rather wait until Sunday.

Cue major freak out!

So in an effort to reduce the major freak outs, let's focus on this:

On 12-4-10, we had framing.

On 12-5-10, they started the roof.

(Funny story:  See that phone line running through our roof, and the little square that's not roofed so the line can go through?  Yeah, that's literally a phone line running straight through our roof.  The builder has tried to get them to come out and take it down, but they're not moving quickly enough for him, so he decided to build around it.  No joke.  He told me the other day that if the phone company doesn't come out and move it, he'll just have somebody cut it and remove it himself. I totally appreciate his pro-active measures.  And hope that the phone line is not a permanent fixture in our new home.  That's not really the curb appeal I was going for.)

On 12-8-10, they finished the sheathing and started painting the trim.

On 12-9-10, they were working on the shingles.

The HVAC.

This, my friends, will be the home of my jetted tub. I dream about it every night.


This is what we plan on looking at every night while sitting on our back porch, drinking coffee, like old people. I dream about this every night, too.

These pictures make me freak out for an entirely different reason.  I simply can not wait to be in our new house!  And I'm super grateful that our builder is moving things along rather quickly, to make up for the time when we were begging him to slow down so we could sell our house.


5 comments:

Jenster said...

ok, i am sssooo jealous, but in a good way. the house is looking fantastic! if you need help on sunday, let me know! i have an SUV.

Lauren said...

Soooooooooo exciting!!! Going to be SO beautiful!!!!

Melissa said...

How exciting!! I know you cannot wait to move in!

Patience said...

What an exciting time. Good luck with the move.

Megan said...

Wow!! The builders are booking it!! SO excited for you!! I can't wait to see the finished product!

let's get acquainted

My Photo
THE Stephanie
I’m Stephanie - wife to one extremely handsome cop; mother to two extremely silly kids. The hubs and I have been married since February ’99. I love him more each day and simply can’t get enough of him. My daughter, Ashton, is 12 going on 17. She’s beautiful, creative, smart, and oh, so sassy. Taylor, our son, is 8 and is so much like his daddy it’s scary. He makes me laugh all the time with the silly things he says and does. He won’t remember what you told him 5 minutes from now, just like his daddy. I love to laugh and spend time with friends and family. I’ve also recently discovered a love for cooking and enjoy sharing recipes. I love finding new blog friends, so be sure to leave a comment so I can do the same!
View my complete profile

I'm a weather addict