Gifting. And Stephanie cooks: Chewy Chocolate Turtles.

Friday, December 17, 2010

Last night, Ashton and I worked on gifts for her and Taylor's teachers. I needed to keep it simple because I've been so swamped lately that I knew if I tried to get too involved, my head would explode.  And no one needs that.

So we made Chewy Chocolate Turtles.  They are super easy and super yummy! 


I had picked up a few cute Christmas tins at HEB and we were set! Aren't they cute?!?



Chewy Chocolate Turtles

What you need:

  • Tiny twist pretzels
  • Rolos
  • Pecan halves

How you make it:

  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
  2. Enlist your child (or husband - ANYONE!) to help you unwrap ungodly amounts of Rolos chocolates.
  3. Lay pretzels out on cookie sheet and set one Rolo in the center of each pretzel.
  4. Bake for 3 minutes - no longer.
  5. Press a pecan half into the center of each melted Rolo.
  6. Cool in the refrigerator until firm before serving.


5 comments:

Jenster said...

oohh..thanks for the recipe!!!

blessedmomto8 said...

YUMMY! I'v made them before with a kiss and a red or green m&m. I am going to try this ;)

Melissa said...

PERFECT teacher gift!! Simple, thoughtful, and yummy. I would have loved that!!

Kelly said...

We make those and call them Rudolph!
pretzel, rollo, red m&m!!
so yummy and always a big hit :)
We'll have to try with a pecan!

Leah said...

I love these! I made a variation this year with hershey kisses and mint M&M's. I'm sure the teachers loved them, I know I would!

let's get acquainted

My Photo
THE Stephanie
I’m Stephanie - wife to one extremely handsome cop; mother to two extremely silly kids. The hubs and I have been married since February ’99. I love him more each day and simply can’t get enough of him. My daughter, Ashton, is 12 going on 17. She’s beautiful, creative, smart, and oh, so sassy. Taylor, our son, is 8 and is so much like his daddy it’s scary. He makes me laugh all the time with the silly things he says and does. He won’t remember what you told him 5 minutes from now, just like his daddy. I love to laugh and spend time with friends and family. I’ve also recently discovered a love for cooking and enjoy sharing recipes. I love finding new blog friends, so be sure to leave a comment so I can do the same!
View my complete profile

I'm a weather addict