Christmas came early!

Tuesday, December 21, 2010

(BTW, thank you all so much for your nice compliments on our Christmas card. Y'all are so sweet!)

Christmas came early for us yesterday when we closed on the sale of our house!


Oh my goodness, I was a nervous wreck all day yesterday.  I don't know why.  I mean, our house was in great shape and (unfortunately) the buyers got a great deal, but I guess I was just waiting for something to go wrong.

But, nothing did and we closed at 3pm yesterday! 

It's a bit strange, though.  That was our first house and when we moved in in May of 2002, Ashton was only 2 and a half.  A year and a half later, Taylor was born and that is the only house he's ever known.  We had some great times in that little house, but it seemed to just get smaller and smaller and it was time to move on. 

After closing, we took my MIL (who we moved in with since we're now homeless) to see the new house.  She hadn't seen it since it was just a slab!


Oh my goodness I'm so flippin' excited!!  I just absolutely love it.  Everything about it!


9 comments:

Lauren said...

YAYAYAYAY!!!!!!!! :)

Melissa said...

Yay!! The new house is coming along quickly! I know you're ready to get in there.

-Lauren said...

Looking good! Congrats, breathe a sigh of relief.

The Shabby Princess said...

YAY! And what a wonderful Christmas present. The house is gorgeous. I can't wait to see how you decorate it.

Merry Christmas!

Tiffany said...

SO exciting!! Yay!!

California Wife said...

Yay, so happy for you! When will the new house be move in ready? It's beautiful!

Annie said...

how exciting!! i'm so happy for you guys!!! :)
i can't believe how quick your house is coming together!! i love it!!!

Virginia Belle said...

That's great! I'm sure it's such a huge relief for you. The new house looks amazing, so exciting!

Mighty M said...

So wonderful. Merry Christmas!!

let's get acquainted

My Photo
THE Stephanie
I’m Stephanie - wife to one extremely handsome cop; mother to two extremely silly kids. The hubs and I have been married since February ’99. I love him more each day and simply can’t get enough of him. My daughter, Ashton, is 12 going on 17. She’s beautiful, creative, smart, and oh, so sassy. Taylor, our son, is 8 and is so much like his daddy it’s scary. He makes me laugh all the time with the silly things he says and does. He won’t remember what you told him 5 minutes from now, just like his daddy. I love to laugh and spend time with friends and family. I’ve also recently discovered a love for cooking and enjoy sharing recipes. I love finding new blog friends, so be sure to leave a comment so I can do the same!
View my complete profile

I'm a weather addict