Christmas 2010: Part two.

Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Christmas Eve was a little bitter sweet for me this year.  It was the first of many, I'm sure, that I'll spend without Joey.  Although I love all of my family and truly enjoyed our time together, I missed Joey.

We did manage to snap a few pics before Joey headed to work, though.


When Joey left for work, the kids and I headed over to my parents (where we always spend Christmas Eve).  We unloaded all of the presents and food and then headed to church.


After church, it was back to the house to answer the question "Is it time to open presents?" about a million times.  As a parent, it's a bit frustrating, but I do remember being a kid and the anticipation was a killer!!

So, without further adieu... the gifts!

We draw names for my side of the family, so everyone is only responsible for one gift.  Well, except my parents, because they can't NOT give the grandkids a gift, right?!?

My parents gave Ashton to cutest photo scrapbook frame.  (It's a magnetic frame, kind of, so it's really easy to change out the pictures.)  She loved it and can't wait to hang it up in her new room.


And for Taylor, how about a punching bag and some boxing gloves?


Although it looks like my dad is pleading for his life, it really is just the picture.  He was being a great punching buddy for Taylor to practice with.

There were also plenty of iTunes gift cards, cash, and candy to go around.  I'd say it was a successful Christmas Eve.



7 comments:

Melissa said...

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!
Blessings to you and your family as you venture into 2011!

Melissa said...

Oh my gosh, Taylor is all now set to be a real wrestler! Ha!

I'm glad y'all enjoyed your CHristmas even if Joey had to work.

Simply Amy said...

Merry Christmas!

The LaJeunesse Family said...

Matthew worked Christmas Eve too. I am used to that, but I would much rather him work Eve than Day! It does get easier friend. :) Glad ya'll had a Merry Christmas!

Kristen @ All In My Twenties said...

Im so happy you had an amazing Christmas!!

Hope you are in your new home very soon!

Jen said...

Just came across your blog and wanted to say hi.
your kids are adorable. I love the pics of your son at the wrestling game a few posts down :) you can tell he was so excited!

Laura said...

Josh had Christmas Eve off which I loved because that is when we celebrate with his family. But he had to go to work Christmas Day at 5. To make sure I wasn't lonely, my Jewish friends took me to a movie and Chinese with them that night. One of the hardest parts about their jobs is that they have to work holidays. It's something I am slowly getting used to also. Glad y'all had a Merry Christmas!

let's get acquainted

My Photo
THE Stephanie
I’m Stephanie - wife to one extremely handsome cop; mother to two extremely silly kids. The hubs and I have been married since February ’99. I love him more each day and simply can’t get enough of him. My daughter, Ashton, is 12 going on 17. She’s beautiful, creative, smart, and oh, so sassy. Taylor, our son, is 8 and is so much like his daddy it’s scary. He makes me laugh all the time with the silly things he says and does. He won’t remember what you told him 5 minutes from now, just like his daddy. I love to laugh and spend time with friends and family. I’ve also recently discovered a love for cooking and enjoy sharing recipes. I love finding new blog friends, so be sure to leave a comment so I can do the same!
View my complete profile

I'm a weather addict