Blame it on the children.

Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Setting: The kids and I had just gotten home.  Joey walked in the garage door and proceeded to the stairs to give Ashton her gingerbread house supplies for school tomorrow.  Joey noticed the front door was unlocked.  (We don't generally use the front door.  We enter through the garage.)

Action!

"Ashton and Taylor!! Why is the front door unlocked??" Joey inquired (in a rather loud voice).

Ashton and Taylor simultaneously answer, "I didn't unlock it! I locked it when we came home, I promise!! I didn't do it!!"

I heard the commotion from the bedroom and moved swiftly to the living room to get Joey's attention. "Joey," I said quietly. "Come here. I need to talk to you."

I got the evil eye from Joey as he continued to chastise the children.

"Joey!" I said again, but a little more forceful. "I need to talk to you!"

After threatening the children with their lives, and concluding, with them, that a ghost must have unlocked the door, Joey came to the bedroom, followed by Taylor, who jumped on the bed to give me a hug.

Joey leaned over the bed, looked me in the eye and asked, "What? What did you need to talk to me about?"

With Taylor there, staring lovingly at both of us, I said, "Did someone come to pick up the futon today?" (Knowing full well that they did, and that Joey would have unlocked the front door to let them in.)

It was at that moment that it dawned on Joey and a smirk crept onto his face.

I turned to Taylor and said, "This is where Daddy apologizes to you and Ashton for assuming you were the ones who left the door unlocked."

Taylor smiled enormously and said, "I know!! A ghost unlocked the door!!"

And... scene.



5 comments:

Sweet Simplicity said...

I love the new pictures in your header! Always blaming the children. haha.

Virginia Belle said...

This is hilarious and you are just the best story teller! I laughed out loud as I read this post :)

The LaJeunesse Family said...

haha!!! woops joey!!!

AND somebody needs to post more pics from the session on your header! thank you very much!

Melissa said...

Haha! Too funny!

Annie said...

ha! that is too funny!!

p.s. LOVE your new header :)

let's get acquainted

My Photo
THE Stephanie
I’m Stephanie - wife to one extremely handsome cop; mother to two extremely silly kids. The hubs and I have been married since February ’99. I love him more each day and simply can’t get enough of him. My daughter, Ashton, is 12 going on 17. She’s beautiful, creative, smart, and oh, so sassy. Taylor, our son, is 8 and is so much like his daddy it’s scary. He makes me laugh all the time with the silly things he says and does. He won’t remember what you told him 5 minutes from now, just like his daddy. I love to laugh and spend time with friends and family. I’ve also recently discovered a love for cooking and enjoy sharing recipes. I love finding new blog friends, so be sure to leave a comment so I can do the same!
View my complete profile

I'm a weather addict