Ashton's birthday trilogy. Plus one.

Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Ashton is like her Mama - she knows how to stretch out a birthday.  We celebrated four times in one week!

First, we celebrated with my family.  Ashton requested a birthday dinner of Domino's pizza at my parents house and I was happy to oblige.

Ashton decorated her own cake, but we forgot to bring the candles to my parents house.  My mom improvised with a votive.

All the cousins were there, but we missed Allison (my SIL), who was at a work function.

My mom & Ashton.  I love this picture!

We had a great time celebrating!  Ashton got a huge make-up case (which I'm extremely jealous of) from my brother and his family and a shopping date with my mom from my parents.  They had a great time last Friday afternoon, just the two of them, hitting up all her favorite stores.

On Wednesday, we celebrated with Joey's mom and grandparents.  We had a joint birthday dinner, since Memaw's birthday was on the 5th.

Ashton & Memaw, getting ready to blow out the candles.

Ashton got more shopping money from Memaw & Pepaw.

Ashton & Mimi (Joey's mom).  Such a great picture!

For this dinner, Ashton had requested that Joey cook ribs on the grill.  Joey makes the best ribs and the kids wait all year for a birthday celebration (or other major holiday) where ribs are requested.

On Thursday, Ashton's actual birthday, Joey had to work.  Ashton asked if we could go to Olive Garden, so that's what we did!



We missed Joey, but still had a good time.  After dinner, we went to Target and Ashton did some shopping with a gift card she received from her grandpa (Joey's dad).

Last week was jam packed with birthday celebrations, as you can tell, but we're still not done.  For the sake of words-per-post, I'll finish up with Ashton's birthday party with her friends tomorrow.



6 comments:

Lauren said...

Now that's the way to do it. Drag out the birthday celebration as long as you can, haha!! :)

~Mrs. Guru~ said...

Love that she knows how to celebrat! I am all about celebrating the entire week!

Annie said...

looks like a great bday celebration!! cute pics!

The Shabby Princess said...

Good job, Ashton, you're learning young: must stretch out the birthday celebrations! Note: this does actually make up for the whole aging thing later in life. Swear.

Looks like y'all had such a great time! And who doesn't love The Olive Garden and ribs?! Seriously, that girl has good taste!

Aubrey said...

How fun!!! Now, I've noticed that Ashton never shows her teeth when she smiles.I did the same thing when I was pre-braces and braces. I was so selfconcious of my teeth. I wonder if she is going through that same stage.

She truly is a beautiful girl! I hope you share with her that many think so!

Melissa said...

Smart girl! Milk it for all it's worth!! I'm happy to hear she had a wonderful birthday!

let's get acquainted

My Photo
THE Stephanie
I’m Stephanie - wife to one extremely handsome cop; mother to two extremely silly kids. The hubs and I have been married since February ’99. I love him more each day and simply can’t get enough of him. My daughter, Ashton, is 12 going on 17. She’s beautiful, creative, smart, and oh, so sassy. Taylor, our son, is 8 and is so much like his daddy it’s scary. He makes me laugh all the time with the silly things he says and does. He won’t remember what you told him 5 minutes from now, just like his daddy. I love to laugh and spend time with friends and family. I’ve also recently discovered a love for cooking and enjoy sharing recipes. I love finding new blog friends, so be sure to leave a comment so I can do the same!
View my complete profile

I'm a weather addict