Thanksgiving recap.

Monday, November 29, 2010

Wow.  Coming back to work after 5 days off is no bueno.

But, I did have a great Thanksgiving!  I was pretty much worn out by Wednesday evening because I got up early and cooked all of my dishes, so I wouldn't have to bother with them on Thursday.  Personally, I think it was brilliant.

I had a lot to cook, so I had to get started early.  4 pumpkins pies, pumpkin bread, corn casserole, sweet potatoes, broccoli casserole, stuffing, and prepped a turkey (for cooking on Thursday, of course).  It was yummy, if I do so say myself.

On Thursday morning, I went with the police wives auxiliary to a local children's home to serve  Thanksgiving lunch to the kids.  I have to say, if they hadn't told us we couldn't take the kids home, I would have definitely added this cute little black baby to my family.  He was so adorable and so smiley!!  I fed him stuffing (because that's all he would eat) and then cleaned the remnants of what he had tried to feed himself out of his hair.  It was a great start to Thanksgiving day.

After the children's home, we headed to Joey's moms.  Joey's grandma was in the hospital, so it was a small Thanksgiving.  We missed Memaw and Pepaw, but needed Memaw to get better, for sure!

Around 2:30, the kids and I headed over to my parents.  Joey had to work, but I had to be at my parents in time for the game.  It was a good game, overall, but I'm disappointed that we lost.  If Roy Williams hadn't fumbled that ball, and if we would have gone for the field goal instead of punting, I think we would have won.  But... shoulda, coulda, woulda, right?

Of course I had another dinner at my parents.  I'm nothing if not willing to eat.  Any time, any place.

Then, I did something I swear on my life I will never do again... Black Friday Shopping.  I've only done it once before, but this time, it was just all sorts of wrong.  At least last time I got some sleep before braving the crowds. This time I went with my psycho friend, Kelly, (and I say that with all the love in my heart) who had everything all mapped out and told me we needed to be at Wal-Mart at 9pm.  Yes, that's 9pm on Thursday, for sales that did not start until 5am on Friday.  I trusted her, against my better judgment.

Although I was not a happy camper while I was standing in line for 7 hours straight, I did end up with my intended purchases and saved $100 in the process.  Thanks, Kel!

Then I promptly drove home (while trying to keep it between the lines), crawled into bed, and slept for 4 hours.  I should have slept for 8 hours, but 4 was all I could manage.  No worries though, because I went to bed at 8 on Friday night and didn't move until 11:30 on Saturday morning.

It was glorious.

How about you?  Did you all have a good Thanksgiving?  Did any of you brave the Black Friday madness?

PS - I would have loved to add the few pictures that I have from the holiday, but my phone is not cooperating and will not send me the pics.


1 comment:

Beth said...

I love Black Friday as I always get good deals, but I avoid Walmart like the plague. :D Mom and I did get in line at TRU at 10pm on Thursday night then head home to grab three hours of sleep, hit Starbucks at 4am and then shop for the next 6 hours. It was great and the deals were amazing. :D I think your friend kelly and I might be cut from the same cloth.
Happy Monday!!

let's get acquainted

My Photo
THE Stephanie
I’m Stephanie - wife to one extremely handsome cop; mother to two extremely silly kids. The hubs and I have been married since February ’99. I love him more each day and simply can’t get enough of him. My daughter, Ashton, is 12 going on 17. She’s beautiful, creative, smart, and oh, so sassy. Taylor, our son, is 8 and is so much like his daddy it’s scary. He makes me laugh all the time with the silly things he says and does. He won’t remember what you told him 5 minutes from now, just like his daddy. I love to laugh and spend time with friends and family. I’ve also recently discovered a love for cooking and enjoy sharing recipes. I love finding new blog friends, so be sure to leave a comment so I can do the same!
View my complete profile

I'm a weather addict