Stephanie cooks: Italian Chicken

Tuesday, November 30, 2010

If you've noticed, my "Stephanie cooks" posts have been few and far between lately. That's because I haven't been cooking.

But I'm starting fresh this week with one of my favorite winter recipes. It's so good, and so easy (even easier if you cut the potatoes the night before).

Italian Chicken

What you need:

  • 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, fat trimmed off
  • 2 large potatoes, peeled, diced into 1" squares
  • 1 can french style green beans, drained
  • 1 can whole kernel corn, drained
  • 1 package Italian dressing seasoning (like to make Italian salad dressing from scratch)
  • 1/2 stick butter, melted

How to make it:

  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
  2. Cut chicken into strips and place in the bottom of a 9x13 glass baking dish.
  3. Cover chicken with diced potatoes, green beans, and corn.
  4. Mix Italian seasoning with melted butter and pour over top.
  5. Cover with foil and bake for 1 hour.
  6. If the potatoes aren't quite done at an hour (which, sometimes they're not), up the temp to 400 and continue cooking for 15 minutes.

So good! And great for leftovers the next day!

2 comments:

ty said...

ooohhhh that sounds good!

Grand Pooba said...

Yay, she cooks again!

let's get acquainted

My Photo
THE Stephanie
I’m Stephanie - wife to one extremely handsome cop; mother to two extremely silly kids. The hubs and I have been married since February ’99. I love him more each day and simply can’t get enough of him. My daughter, Ashton, is 12 going on 17. She’s beautiful, creative, smart, and oh, so sassy. Taylor, our son, is 8 and is so much like his daddy it’s scary. He makes me laugh all the time with the silly things he says and does. He won’t remember what you told him 5 minutes from now, just like his daddy. I love to laugh and spend time with friends and family. I’ve also recently discovered a love for cooking and enjoy sharing recipes. I love finding new blog friends, so be sure to leave a comment so I can do the same!
View my complete profile

I'm a weather addict