More Halloween fun.

Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Last week, Taylor started asking for money so he could buy tickets to use at Oktoberfest, their school Halloween carnival.  So I guess that meant we were going, right?

It's safe to say that Taylor enjoyed himself.



I don't have any pics of Ashton because as soon as we got there, she saw one of her friends and ditched us until it was time to go. 

After Oktoberfest, we headed to Howl-O-Scream at Sea World.  They do such a great job on their holiday events and had the entire park decorated so cool!  Of course, as soon as we walked in, Taylor saw the light up swords and just had to have one.  Thanks to Mimi, his dream came true. :)

We took a fun little pic by some pumpkins:

(Please disregard Taylor's lack of attention.  No time to retake.  After this, he was gone!)

We headed to the back of the park, where they have a very scary haunted house type thing.  We didn't do the haunted house because, um, it's scary!!  But, we were going to walk through the scary part to get to a roller coaster, until one of the scary people, dragging a shovel on the ground and dressed like death, only worse, came up to me and Ashton and we screamed like the little girls that we are.  I was freaking out trying to grab Ashton and get her out of there, but she was already gone.

Yes, that's right.  She left her momma there, alone, with a man dressed like death, only worse, dragging a shovel on the ground and hauled tail outta there.

I feel the love, don't you?

After my heart started beating again, we headed to the Shamu show.  We saw a little bit of Jack-O-Latern:


And of course, a little bit of Shamu:


Then I asked the kids to give me their best scary face.


Ashton was clearly not amused. (Although that face is pretty scary, no?)

Then the kids reminded me that Sea World sells funnel cakes, and my life was made complete.

(Don't be alarmed.  The funnel cake was red.  I guess they couldn't make orange?  Weird, I know.)

It was a long evening, but we had a lot of fun.  AND, the weather was gorgeous, so it actually felt like Fall!


4 comments:

Lauren said...

SO fun! The kid’s scary faces (or lack thereof) cracks me up!!! Oh, and love me some funnel cake!!!!!!!!!! :) I love Sea World. Go all the time here!!

Annie said...

looks like so much fun! :) yay for funnel cakes! yum!!
cute picture of you and the kids! you are such a pretty momma!!

Grand Pooba said...

Did you say funnel cakes???


Looks like fun!

The Shabby Princess said...

Love your glasses!! And Ashton's scary face IS scary--just add a few years and that will be her "Mom, for REAL?!" face when you try to drop her off at the movies or something. And you probably didn't need that comment from me! Ha! Sorry!

let's get acquainted

My Photo
THE Stephanie
I’m Stephanie - wife to one extremely handsome cop; mother to two extremely silly kids. The hubs and I have been married since February ’99. I love him more each day and simply can’t get enough of him. My daughter, Ashton, is 12 going on 17. She’s beautiful, creative, smart, and oh, so sassy. Taylor, our son, is 8 and is so much like his daddy it’s scary. He makes me laugh all the time with the silly things he says and does. He won’t remember what you told him 5 minutes from now, just like his daddy. I love to laugh and spend time with friends and family. I’ve also recently discovered a love for cooking and enjoy sharing recipes. I love finding new blog friends, so be sure to leave a comment so I can do the same!
View my complete profile

I'm a weather addict