Let's talk cars.

Wednesday, November 17, 2010

I'm not sure if I mentioned this already, but about 2 weeks ago, I was sitting at a stop sign right outside of my neighborhood, waiting for a break in traffic, when this lady ran into me.  There wasn't much damage, but I still had to put my beloved Jeep in the shop earlier this.  Really, it's just more of an inconvenience than anything else.

But let's talk insurance companies and rental cars for a sec.

I drive a 2008 Jeep Commander with a 3rd row seat.


I wasn't the one who caused the accident.  Again, I was sitting, completely stopped, at a stop sign.  Minding my own business. So why is it that the insurance company will not pay for me to drive an equivalent car to the one that their insured driver wrecked? Why am I now forced to drive this?


Nothing (really) against the Chevy Impala, but I drive an SUV for a reason.  And get this - My Jeep will fit in my garage (just barely, but it does fit), but this sedan will not.  So now I have to park outside in the elements and defrost my rear window on my drive to work. (Yes, I realize I live in South Texas and that "elements" is a bit of stretch.  Work with me.)

AND, it is really hard to drive!  It's like a major calf workout just depressing the gas pedal. And it smells.  And it's dirty.  Why are all rentals cars dirty?  Don't they clean those things??  Ugh.

Spoiled much?  Yes.  Yes I am.  And I'm not ashamed to admit it.  I love my Jeep.  It is the best car I've ever owned.  I can't stand to be away from it.

How about you?  Are any of you as in love with your cars as I am?

6 comments:

Sweet Simplicity said...

I love jeep commanders! I hope you get your car back soon!

Jenster said...

i am sure you know, the insurance company paying for this fiasco has to make you "whole" again. they should have given you an euqivelant vehicle. if this ever happens again...take me with you!!!

have a great day! :)

Adorably Distracted... said...

ohhh i have hail damage to my car and it has to go in the shop for a few days. Let's just say now I'm not very excited about what I'll be driving now :(

The Shabby Princess said...

Oh my gosh, I love my SUV. I had a sedan for seven years and I loved it too, but, the SUV just fits my lifestyle so much better.

Hopefully you get your Jeep back soon! So sorry!

Butter said...

My Nissan Cube is the greatest car ever built! I love it dearly.

nicoooley said...

If the other person's insurance is taking care of the claim, you totally can get them to pay for an equal rental car. My husband's truck was hit while parked in front of our house. We found the people, and filed a claim through their insurance. They tried to give us a $20 a day tiny rental car. We fought with them because he needs his truck to work. They increased the amount to $60 a day to cover a truck. All you have to do is call the insurance and tell them you need it.

let's get acquainted

My Photo
THE Stephanie
I’m Stephanie - wife to one extremely handsome cop; mother to two extremely silly kids. The hubs and I have been married since February ’99. I love him more each day and simply can’t get enough of him. My daughter, Ashton, is 12 going on 17. She’s beautiful, creative, smart, and oh, so sassy. Taylor, our son, is 8 and is so much like his daddy it’s scary. He makes me laugh all the time with the silly things he says and does. He won’t remember what you told him 5 minutes from now, just like his daddy. I love to laugh and spend time with friends and family. I’ve also recently discovered a love for cooking and enjoy sharing recipes. I love finding new blog friends, so be sure to leave a comment so I can do the same!
View my complete profile

I'm a weather addict