I have a secret.

Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Well, kind of.  If you follow me on Twitter, you may already know, but if not, you're probably in the dark.

And let me just stop you all right here and tell you that no, I am not pregnant, and BITE YOUR TONGUE!  This kitchen is closed people.

Now, onto the secret...

WE SOLD OUR HOUSE!

Woo hoo!!  I can not tell you how excited I am because the real secret is that we have a contract on another house that is being built and if our house didn't sell within the next few weeks, we'd have to back out and I would need to be committed to some sort of mental hospital. (And wow, that's sentence probably just set some sort of record.)

But, the good news is that it doesn't look like I'll be wearing a straight jacket any time soon.

I think I mentioned the new house briefly on the blog a while back, but I was hesitant to post too much about it because I didn't want to have to then come back to the blog and say we had to back out.  And that you could now reach me via a mental hospital.  But, last week, even before the house sold, I had decided that I really needed to put it on the blog because this blog is really a journal of our life.  And even if we lost the house, I'd still want it to be in my journal.

So here goes...

Yay!  We chose our lot!

Yay!  We have a foundation!  (And yes, we all had to pose with the new member of the family.)

Up until Sunday evening, when we got the offer on the house, it had been really hard to get excited about the new house.  Joey and I both love it more than we can express - it's pretty much everything we had on our list, plus the location we always wanted - so it was hard having that nagging thought "if the house doesn't sell, we have to give it up" in the back of our minds.

Last night, for the first time, Joey and I both said how excited we were.  It finally feels real!


16 comments:

Lindsay said...

congrats!!! i know you must be thrilled! oh, i left you a blog award on my blog :)

Sweet Simplicity said...

Congratulations!! This is great news!

Kelly said...

Yay! No straight jacket!!
Great news!

The LaJeunesse Family said...

Yay!!!!! That is SOOOO awesome! I can't wait to see what your new house will look like. Ya'll definitely deserve it!

Jenster said...

congrats...congrats...congrats!!! the location looks breathtaking. you have to tell where it is. i also cannot wait to see the final product as that slab looks pretty big!!

so excited for you!

Patience said...

Congrats!! What an exciting time. Building our house was such a great experience.

Drew's Mom said...

Congrats!! How exciting for all of you.

Annie said...

AHHHH!!! how exciting hun!! i'm so happy for you all!! :) i can't wait to watch the progress! how fun! :)

partialemptynester said...

Congrats!!

LauraAnn said...

YAY!!!! Congratulations! I cannot wait to see pictures once your new house is completed!

Aubrey said...

Yay!!! I can't believe your house sold so quickly. What a blessing. I hope the rest of the build goes smoothly.

Melissa said...

That is incredible!! I can't wait to see how your house turns out! I know it will be gorgeous!

Lishak said...

Congrats! I know you're gonna love your new home when it gets built. So excited for you!

blessedmomto8 said...

HOW EXCITING! Congrats on your new baby :)

Mighty M said...

Awesome news!! :)

Megan said...

Yay!! I'm so excited for you! I can't wait to watch the house progress!

let's get acquainted

My Photo
THE Stephanie
I’m Stephanie - wife to one extremely handsome cop; mother to two extremely silly kids. The hubs and I have been married since February ’99. I love him more each day and simply can’t get enough of him. My daughter, Ashton, is 12 going on 17. She’s beautiful, creative, smart, and oh, so sassy. Taylor, our son, is 8 and is so much like his daddy it’s scary. He makes me laugh all the time with the silly things he says and does. He won’t remember what you told him 5 minutes from now, just like his daddy. I love to laugh and spend time with friends and family. I’ve also recently discovered a love for cooking and enjoy sharing recipes. I love finding new blog friends, so be sure to leave a comment so I can do the same!
View my complete profile

I'm a weather addict