Happy Friday

Friday, November 5, 2010

It's Friday!  The best day of the week, right?

Several things are making me happy today, one of which is my first Starbucks holiday cup of the season.


What is it about the red cup?  I don't know, but it just makes me happy.

This morning, I was helping Taylor get ready for school and he asked me if I was going to work today?  I told him yes, I go to work every weekday.  Then he proceeded to tell me that I didn't look pretty enough to go to work (I only had my jeans and t-shirt on - no cardigan, boots, or jewelry yet - and my hair was still wet). He said I needed to put on some necklaces, bracelets, and don't forget my shoes.

Dang I love that boy.  He's always looking out for me.

Then I went to kiss Joey goodbye (he's still sleeping when I leave for work, since he doesn't get home until 4am).  I leaned over, put my hand on his shoulder, whispered "I love you", and gave him a kiss.  About 10 seconds later he opened his eyes and said, "Robot."

"What?" I asked.

"Robot.  Did you say robot?"  he mumbled.

"No honey.  Go back to sleep."  And he was out.

I hope your Friday started out as happy as mine!


11 comments:

Lindsay said...

ha! poor husband needs more sleep! have a great weekend!

Ashlynn said...

Hahaha!! Robot! I literally laughed out loud and then Harper laughed at me :) That is hilarious.

Tiffany said...

I am cracking up at your husbie - hilarious! Too cute about Taylor suggesting accessories for your outfit. :) It's amazing the things the little ones pick up on that make you, you.

rootsandrings said...

Ha! Don't forget your shoes! I'm pretty sure that's impossible since it's all of a sudden NEGATIVE THIRTY in Texas. You picked a good day for a nice warm drink!

Brown Girl said...

haha, your poor hubs! I say crazy things in my sleep too!

Joey said...

I told you I can't be held accountable for the things I say or do at that hour! hahahaha

Trina said...

lol joey was a little out of it huh? too funny.

have you tried the toffee mocha yet? so good!

The Shabby Princess said...

Robot?!? Hilarious. Gosh, I do love those red cups. So festive!

Megan said...

I saw ALL sorts of crazy things when i'm half awake--I usually turn into some demon-like creature :)

Have a great weekend!

Lindsey said...

My husband talks in his sleep all the time and it's the most random stuff. I love it!

Lauren said...

The red cup is the best cup!!

let's get acquainted

My Photo
THE Stephanie
I’m Stephanie - wife to one extremely handsome cop; mother to two extremely silly kids. The hubs and I have been married since February ’99. I love him more each day and simply can’t get enough of him. My daughter, Ashton, is 12 going on 17. She’s beautiful, creative, smart, and oh, so sassy. Taylor, our son, is 8 and is so much like his daddy it’s scary. He makes me laugh all the time with the silly things he says and does. He won’t remember what you told him 5 minutes from now, just like his daddy. I love to laugh and spend time with friends and family. I’ve also recently discovered a love for cooking and enjoy sharing recipes. I love finding new blog friends, so be sure to leave a comment so I can do the same!
View my complete profile

I'm a weather addict