A date with my boy.

Thursday, November 4, 2010

Saturday, Taylor and I had a little date. Joey was working and Ashton was at a party, so Taylor and I headed out for a fun little night.

First stop, Chick-fil-a!

(Yes, that's a nugget in his mouth.)

After dinner, we headed to Fiesta Texas to meet a friend and her kids.  Most of the kids were dressed in their Halloween costumes, but Taylor wasn't.  After chatting with the other boys for a bit, they decided that Taylor was dressed as Tony Hawk.  Which was more than pleased with.


Since Taylor was "dressed as Tony Hawk", it only seemed fitting that we ride the Tony Hawk ride, which happens to be Taylor's favorite.  So we headed to that area of the park and hopped in line.


Little did we know we'd be waiting for close to an hour.  It's ok, though.  We made the best of it.



When we finally got on the ride, I have to say, I was a little worried.  I had trouble determining if Taylor was having fun or about to vomit all over me.  At one point, he covered his mouth and his eyes got huge and he screamed "Cover your mouth!"

Turns out he wasn't going to be sick.  He was just having so much fun that he wanted everyone to cover their mouths!

After Big Spin, we hit up the giant swings and then one more ride before we had to bolt out of there to get Ashton from her party.  Short and sweet, but we had a great time - just the two of us!


6 comments:

Mighty M said...

Such a fun date!

Aly @ Analyze This said...

Haha! I would have been sooo worried that he was going to start spewing chunks!!

Glad y'all had fun - and Chick-Fil-A - it's a date day/night MUST! :)

The LaJeunesse Family said...

I love one on one time. I try to do that with my nephews as often as I can! You're such a good mommy. :)

Aubrey said...

How fun! I have never noticed how much Taylor looks like you.

partialemptynester said...

Too fun!!! I noticed another comment saying your son looks like you...I was thinking the same thing, such cuties!!

The Shabby Princess said...

How fun! He has your exact same smile--how sweet and cute!

let's get acquainted

My Photo
THE Stephanie
I’m Stephanie - wife to one extremely handsome cop; mother to two extremely silly kids. The hubs and I have been married since February ’99. I love him more each day and simply can’t get enough of him. My daughter, Ashton, is 12 going on 17. She’s beautiful, creative, smart, and oh, so sassy. Taylor, our son, is 8 and is so much like his daddy it’s scary. He makes me laugh all the time with the silly things he says and does. He won’t remember what you told him 5 minutes from now, just like his daddy. I love to laugh and spend time with friends and family. I’ve also recently discovered a love for cooking and enjoy sharing recipes. I love finding new blog friends, so be sure to leave a comment so I can do the same!
View my complete profile

I'm a weather addict