A stay-cation of sorts. And an update.

Friday, October 15, 2010

People, I need a vacation.  BAD.  But that's not gonna happen.

So what's the next best thing?  Having my very dear friend come to visit, thus creating a stay-cation of sorts.

As we speak (read? type? oh well...) this girl is on a flight to SA.  And I couldn't be happier!


We're gonna have lots of fun, in case you're wondering.

Update: The officer who was hit by the drunk driver yesterday morning has been on life support since he came out of surgery yesterday.  They had to amputate one of his legs and are waiting for his girlfriend to arrive before taking him off life support.  Please continue to join me in prayer for him, as well as his family - including his new family of SAPD officers.  He's only been on the force for 2 months, but he's still a brother in uniform.


6 comments:

Lauren said...

Oh, girl, I'm praying! Such a sad situation!

Have a blast with your friend!!!! :)

The LaJeunesse Family said...

So they are taking him off life support...as in he won't make it? Oh gosh. I hate hearing this....

Melissa said...

Oh my gosh, my heart is just breaking about that officer. I cannot imagine!

Have fun this weekend with your girlfriend!!

Karm said...

i;m sad to hear about this tragic event. I will pray for him and his family. It is awful news.

I am also glad you have a friend flying in to spend time with you.

Naturally Caffeinated Family said...

oh have such a fun weekend!!

I'm so sorry to hear about the officer, saying another prayer right now.

Laura said...

Found your blog through Jennifer's, and it breaks my heart to read about the police officer who was hit by the drunk driver. My boyfriend is a police officer too, and everytime he goes to work I worry about his safety while he helps to keep our city safe. I am praying for this officer's girlfriend and family.

let's get acquainted

My Photo
THE Stephanie
I’m Stephanie - wife to one extremely handsome cop; mother to two extremely silly kids. The hubs and I have been married since February ’99. I love him more each day and simply can’t get enough of him. My daughter, Ashton, is 12 going on 17. She’s beautiful, creative, smart, and oh, so sassy. Taylor, our son, is 8 and is so much like his daddy it’s scary. He makes me laugh all the time with the silly things he says and does. He won’t remember what you told him 5 minutes from now, just like his daddy. I love to laugh and spend time with friends and family. I’ve also recently discovered a love for cooking and enjoy sharing recipes. I love finding new blog friends, so be sure to leave a comment so I can do the same!
View my complete profile

I'm a weather addict