My new obsession.

Monday, October 4, 2010

Recently, I've been a little obsessed with all the nail polish that you ladies are featuring on your blogs.  All the new fall colors and your pretty nails were making me slightly jealous.

See, I never paint my nails.  In the past, any time I have, I usually always get tiny bubbles in my polish.  Since I'm a perfectionist, this just won't work.  If I happen to get a nice polish on my nails, with no bubbles, it never fails that it's chipped in less than 2 days.  Again, I'm a perfectionist.  This won't work.

Enter Trina, from xoxo, Trina. She is the nail polish queen!  She's always twittering her newest look, or blogging her latest You Tube tutorial.  She's my hero.

So last week, when I painted my nails for the first time in for-ev-er, and I of course had tiny bubbles in my polish, I consulted Trina.  Turns out, the base coat and top coat make a huge difference. (Ok, now you can all stop laughing.  I'm sure everyone else was aware of this, but I suppose I just didn't pay that much attention.)

Trina sent me a detailed email with all sorts of info, including specific brands to try.  So that afternoon I stopped by Sally's to pick up the ever important base coat and top coat.

I picked up the Seche Clear base coat and Seche Vite Dry Fast Top Coat and let me tell you, it really did make all the difference!


See?  No bubbles!!  And that Dry fast Top Coat?  Dang, it's quick!!

Bottom line?  I think I'll be painting my nails a lot more frequently!  Thanks, Trina!


6 comments:

Lauren said...

Looks fabulous, my friend!!!!!! :)

partialemptynester said...

I can so relate, as far as the tiny bubbles, perfectionism, etc...yours turned out beautifully, love the color, too!

Mighty M said...

Awesome - I will have to try some of that. I never paint my nails, it just doesn't last!!

Melissa said...

I love that color!!

The LaJeunesse Family said...

love it! my problem is my nails always get bumped and messed up before they completely dry. That and I paint half my fingers too. :) yours look amazing!

Rachel said...

Girlfriend, that totally looks professional. Come paint my nails for me, because mine end up looking like a 4 year old did it! I'm impressed.

let's get acquainted

My Photo
THE Stephanie
I’m Stephanie - wife to one extremely handsome cop; mother to two extremely silly kids. The hubs and I have been married since February ’99. I love him more each day and simply can’t get enough of him. My daughter, Ashton, is 12 going on 17. She’s beautiful, creative, smart, and oh, so sassy. Taylor, our son, is 8 and is so much like his daddy it’s scary. He makes me laugh all the time with the silly things he says and does. He won’t remember what you told him 5 minutes from now, just like his daddy. I love to laugh and spend time with friends and family. I’ve also recently discovered a love for cooking and enjoy sharing recipes. I love finding new blog friends, so be sure to leave a comment so I can do the same!
View my complete profile

I'm a weather addict