Let's talk traffic. And meanies.

Tuesday, October 5, 2010

This morning, I wanted to treat myself to Starbucks.  I left my house with plenty of time to make my stop and made my way down the road, anticipating my first Pumpkin Spice Latte of the season.

Let me demonstrate what happened:


I pulled in to the median and came to a stop.  As you can see, the traffic was bumper-to-bumper and stopped at a red light.  There was a break in the traffic, at the median, so I proceeded to cross, when - WHEN - the car (aptly labeled MORON) began to pull forward, as if to block me from crossing!

Now, at that point, I was already out in the road.  I was completely appalled and looked at the driver as if to say, "What are you doing?"  Ok, who am I kidding?  I did say it.  Loud.  As if said moron could actually hear me.  But she could read my lips, for sure!

And get this, she kept rolling!  Just looking at me!!

Now, can someone please tell me why?  I mean, it's not like she could go anywhere!  I was just totally shocked at the plain rudeness of it all.

I did end up getting across, but seriously?  What was the purpose?


6 comments:

LauraAnn said...

Ugh!!!!! People like that make me crazy! I swear, some people have zero road etiquette or consideration for other drivers!

And how dare she delay you from getting your first pumpkin spice latte of the season! The nerve of that lady! Maybe she knew that you were going to Starbucks and was jealous that she couldn't get Starbucks this morning! lol

Hope your Pumpkin Spice Latte was delish! :-)

Lauren said...

Some people are just that, plain morons!!!!!!

Jenster said...

love your drawing!!!

karma stephy steph....she will get hers..

Mighty M said...

Obviously she is blind and shouldn't have been driving anyways! Grr!!

Melissa said...

Ugh, some people are just plain rude. I can't understand the point either!

Butter said...

I would have promptly stopped right in front of her. That would have taught her.

let's get acquainted

My Photo
THE Stephanie
I’m Stephanie - wife to one extremely handsome cop; mother to two extremely silly kids. The hubs and I have been married since February ’99. I love him more each day and simply can’t get enough of him. My daughter, Ashton, is 12 going on 17. She’s beautiful, creative, smart, and oh, so sassy. Taylor, our son, is 8 and is so much like his daddy it’s scary. He makes me laugh all the time with the silly things he says and does. He won’t remember what you told him 5 minutes from now, just like his daddy. I love to laugh and spend time with friends and family. I’ve also recently discovered a love for cooking and enjoy sharing recipes. I love finding new blog friends, so be sure to leave a comment so I can do the same!
View my complete profile

I'm a weather addict