In my head.

Thursday, October 7, 2010

I have so much floating around in my head (and I'm not talking about the snot, but yes, that too.) that I'm not sure I can put together a coherent thought.  But I suppose I'll try.

  • You know that verse in the Bible that says "pray continually" (1 Thessalonians 5:17), well that's what I've been doing lately.  There is so much going on in my life, the lives of my close friends, my church, and my family, that this is all I know to do.  Thank you God that You are big enough!
  • I read this blog post this morning and it really touched me.  You should read it.  Isn't it so easy to get caught up in ourselves that we pass on opportunities to bless others?  It's sad, but so true.
  • I got a text from my dad this morning about my Mama.  Praise the Lord that she is steadily improving.  At the same time, though, it appears that because she is improving, she no longer qualifies for Medicaid, which puts the burden of her long-term care on my dad and his siblings.  Please pray with me that God will provide.
  • In my time with God this morning, I read a passage in 1 Samuel along with my Beth Moore devotional, "A Heart Like His."  It was kind of heavy.  Through this passage, Beth discussed how often times we attempt to manipulate situations in order to get the response from God that we want. I suppose it's like trying to cram a square peg in a round hole.  But God won't be manipulated.  Ouch.
  • I'm thinking about getting the new Max Lucado book, "Outlive Your Life."  Have you heard of it?  I'm not a reader (in general), but lately I've been struggling with whether or not I'm really making a difference.  I think all of us want to feel like we're doing something significant.  Like we're making a difference in someone's life.  Lately I just feel like everything I do is for me.  That's a really yucky feeling.

Wow.  That was pretty heavy.  Sorry about that, but it's just what's in my head and on my heart lately.


2 comments:

LauraAnn said...

I am so happy to hear that your Grandma is doing better. Hopefully everything with the cost will work out!!! Praying!

Kristen said...

Thank you for your kind comments about my blog post. I appreciate your insights and honesty. I too am glad that God is indeed big enough!

let's get acquainted

My Photo
THE Stephanie
I’m Stephanie - wife to one extremely handsome cop; mother to two extremely silly kids. The hubs and I have been married since February ’99. I love him more each day and simply can’t get enough of him. My daughter, Ashton, is 12 going on 17. She’s beautiful, creative, smart, and oh, so sassy. Taylor, our son, is 8 and is so much like his daddy it’s scary. He makes me laugh all the time with the silly things he says and does. He won’t remember what you told him 5 minutes from now, just like his daddy. I love to laugh and spend time with friends and family. I’ve also recently discovered a love for cooking and enjoy sharing recipes. I love finding new blog friends, so be sure to leave a comment so I can do the same!
View my complete profile

I'm a weather addict