I tried. But it just wasn't good enough.

Monday, October 11, 2010

This weekend I was so excited for some Cowboys football, that I decided to get my fingernails in the spirit too.  You all remember my new obsession, right?


Of course, prior to doing this, I consulted Trina via Twitter to see if she had any suggestions.  At first, I was thinking about a silver base with navy tips, but that didn't turn out to well since I can't do a french tip to save my life.  Then I thought maybe I could find star decals to stick on my nails, but I was too lazy to look.  Finally, I turned to You Tube and I found a tutorial that I decided to go for, which gave me this look.  (Sorry for not sharing the link, but I can't access You Tube and I don't remember the link.)

I was super proud of myself and thought they turned out really cute.  I also hoped that my team spirit would help the Cowboys on Sunday.  Which it did not.

I also attempted to boost team spirit by cooking this, this, and this.  Clearly, they don't play for food.  At least not food that is 4 hours away.

Disclaimer:  Please let it be known that even if my 'Boys insist on committing so many penalties that there's just simply no possible way that they can win a football game, I still love them.  I will still paint my nails in support and cook, bake, and eat.  It's what makes game days bearable.



6 comments:

LauraAnn said...

Awe! Your nails turned out adorable!!!

I was rooting for your Cowboys too (granted I was rooting bc Tennessee is in our division and I wanted them to lose but that is not important)!!! I hate it say it but they gave Tennessee that game on a silver platter. I couldn't believe the penalties and mistakes that were made. :-(

Lauren said...

Soooooo pretty!!! :)

Annie said...

your nails turned out perfect!! very pretty!
sorry they didn't help your boys win though :|

Lauren said...

I love your team spirit!!

Mighty M said...

Love the nails, and hopefully next week they will play better. Unless they are playing the Seahawks. Then I have to root for Seattle. :)

Melissa said...

I cheered for the Boys with a house full of Titans fans so I was sad to see them lose!

let's get acquainted

My Photo
THE Stephanie
I’m Stephanie - wife to one extremely handsome cop; mother to two extremely silly kids. The hubs and I have been married since February ’99. I love him more each day and simply can’t get enough of him. My daughter, Ashton, is 12 going on 17. She’s beautiful, creative, smart, and oh, so sassy. Taylor, our son, is 8 and is so much like his daddy it’s scary. He makes me laugh all the time with the silly things he says and does. He won’t remember what you told him 5 minutes from now, just like his daddy. I love to laugh and spend time with friends and family. I’ve also recently discovered a love for cooking and enjoy sharing recipes. I love finding new blog friends, so be sure to leave a comment so I can do the same!
View my complete profile

I'm a weather addict