My laborious Labor Day weekend

Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Generally, I love 3-day weekends because they bring about much relaxation.

This was not one of those relaxing times.

Here's my weekend in a nutshell:

  • Friday night, my parents came over and my dad helped me finish up the laundry room. (more to come)
  • Saturday, I woke up early to (finally) go pick up my new phone.  LOVE IT!
  • Then, we had an appointment that afternoon to look at a model home.
  • We promptly fell in love with said model home and made the decision to move-up our projected move-out date.  We'll be putting the house on the market in the next week or so. (Insert panic here.)
  • Saturday evening, I'm not sure I did anything.
  • Sunday, I woke up and took the kids to church while Joey slept.
  • Then we had lunch his mom.
  • I went from there to a meeting at a friends house about a new ministry that God has placed on her heart.
  • From there, I ran home, grabbed the kids, and met my parents back out at the model home so they could see it.
  • Then the kids and I went home and I promptly got to painting Taylor's room.  His room is the only room that was still builder-white, so that had to go before the house goes on the market.
  • As soon as I finished painting, I fell off a ladder.  My foot broke my fall and I ended up in the emergency room, with my children, at midnight, assuming I'd need stitches (from the massive amounts of blood spewing from my foot). Turns out no stitches were necessary, but I did get a tetanus shot, which still hurts.  I can't move my arm because I sliced my foot open.
  • Once we got home, my MIL and I attempted to clean all the blood off of Taylor's carpet.
  • Yesterday, I woke up and we did some necessary applications and such for the new house.
  • Then I went to the grocery store.  Along with every other adult in the San Antonio area.
  • I came home, put the groceries away, and painted the baseboards.
  • Don't worry, we did grill hamburgers.  Which makes us American.  Hamburgers on Labor Day.
  • Now I'm at work and hoping I can get some rest.  Isn't that odd?  I have to come to work to relax.

So, how was your Labor Day weekend?  Did you actually relax?


6 comments:

Kelly said...

OMG! What a weekend! I hope you are starting to feel better.
And how exciting...moving to a new house! - I am sure all the panic will be worth it when you are in your new house!

The Shabby Princess said...

OMG, you were busy!! Sounds kinda like my weekend--I was working in Virginia Beach all weeked. Bleh! Anyways, congrats on the success of finding a new home! And I looooove the new light fixture you did in the master bath. It's amazing.

And yes, I also made the mistake of going to Target AND the grocery store yesterday--along with all of Dallas. Humph.

cheri said...

oh my God! are you okay? you were even able to get some groceries with a broken foot?!

hope you feel better soon...

Tara Gibson said...

omg your poor foot! : ( hope you get healed very quickly!!!

Jenster said...

my goodness kiddo!!! you were busy...seriously. i'll bet the kiddos are excited about the move and a new school.

California Wife said...

Oh my gosh you had a busy weekend! So sorry you had to get a tetanus shot, those are the worst!

let's get acquainted

My Photo
THE Stephanie
I’m Stephanie - wife to one extremely handsome cop; mother to two extremely silly kids. The hubs and I have been married since February ’99. I love him more each day and simply can’t get enough of him. My daughter, Ashton, is 12 going on 17. She’s beautiful, creative, smart, and oh, so sassy. Taylor, our son, is 8 and is so much like his daddy it’s scary. He makes me laugh all the time with the silly things he says and does. He won’t remember what you told him 5 minutes from now, just like his daddy. I love to laugh and spend time with friends and family. I’ve also recently discovered a love for cooking and enjoy sharing recipes. I love finding new blog friends, so be sure to leave a comment so I can do the same!
View my complete profile

I'm a weather addict