Master Bath Redo.

Thursday, September 2, 2010

Joey and I have kicked it into high-gear, getting the house ready to go on the market.

You've seen the guest bath update and the dining room redo, but now I give you the master bath (almost) makeover.

I don't seem to have a true before picture, but the before of the master bath is the same as this before of the guest bath, only larger.

Builder-grade everything.

A few weeks back, we framed out the mirror and it made such a HUGE difference!  But we still had that ugly builder-grade light fixture that had to go.

This is what we replaced it with:


I absolutely LOVE IT!!!  Every time I walk into the bathroom now I can't help but kick myself for not doing this sooner!  It makes such a huge difference.

(Please disregard the toilet seat.  Gross.)

We have future plans to paint the cabinets.  I'm also planning on replacing the towel hangers by the sinks and removing the towel rack over the toilet all together.  I'd like to add a shelf there instead, since who needs a towel over the toilet?

Coming soon: Laundry Room Update.


13 comments:

The LaJeunesse Family said...

look at you girlfriend!!!!

so why are you guys moving? just curious :)

Jana with http://thedailydover.com said...

nice! I love the mirror frame!

Sweet Simplicity said...

It looks great! Isn't it amazing the difference a couple of changes can make??

Melissa said...

I love the way the mirror looks framed. I really want to do that now. And, I've been wanting to change out our light fixtures for a while too!

Kelly said...

The mirror did make a huge difference. It looks great!

Butter said...

Very nice. You should come to my house next.

Lauren said...

Love it. Looks fabulous!!! :)

Sara said...

I love it! It really looks fantastic. It's amazing that a few things can really change the look of a space. It looks great! Want to come over and help me with my bathroom?!

Aly @ Analyze This said...

LOVE IT GIRL!!! The thick frame around the mirror is so sharp! Great pick! :)

Can't wait to see the laundry room!

Lauren said...

It looks so good!! I can't wait to see more!

the queen said...

i love your updates on operation home makeover! can't wait to see more!

Naturally Caffeinated Family said...

it looks great!! annnnd that is the exact light fixture (but with three lights) that we just put in our guest bath!! haha :) love it! great job!

Mighty M said...

I love it - makes such a huge difference in the look! :)

let's get acquainted

My Photo
THE Stephanie
I’m Stephanie - wife to one extremely handsome cop; mother to two extremely silly kids. The hubs and I have been married since February ’99. I love him more each day and simply can’t get enough of him. My daughter, Ashton, is 12 going on 17. She’s beautiful, creative, smart, and oh, so sassy. Taylor, our son, is 8 and is so much like his daddy it’s scary. He makes me laugh all the time with the silly things he says and does. He won’t remember what you told him 5 minutes from now, just like his daddy. I love to laugh and spend time with friends and family. I’ve also recently discovered a love for cooking and enjoy sharing recipes. I love finding new blog friends, so be sure to leave a comment so I can do the same!
View my complete profile

I'm a weather addict