Laundry Room Redo

Wednesday, September 8, 2010

I've been talking about my laundry room for a while, so I thought it was high time to get it done and let you all take a look.

First, I need to let you know that laundry room is a relative term.  In my case, it's more like a laundry walk-in closet.  But hey, you gotta work with what you have, right?

So, after spending weeks drooling over laundry rooms like this, this, and this, I decided to take what I could from all of them and turn my laundry room into a happier place to be.

Here's what I started out with out (just keepin' it real):


And here's what we have now:


I took the wire shelf down and painted the room to (again) rid ourselves of builder-white.  I was a little worried about painting it so dark, but I had the paint, so I just went for it.  (And here's also where I need to tell you that although I painted the walls and ceiling, my wonderful hubby, while I was sleeping, caulked and painted all the baseboards, finished painting the trim, and moved the washer and dryer back into the laundry room.  The next morning I woke up to an almost completely finished project!  That's what I'm talking about!)

I also knew I wanted to add 2 solid shelves, so I purchased my supplies and got them painted.  I decided that if I stuck with white, it would help to brighten up the space.  I had also seen a laundry room on a blog (I don't remember which one) that had added "faux counter tops" on top of their washer and dryer.  I thought this would be a perfect addition for us in order to create some more space.

Being the impatient person that I am, I simply couldn't wait for Joey - and I just wanted it done! - so I called my daddy and asked him if he wanted to come help me finish.  He was happy to help (and I fed him pizza and Diet DP) so we got the shelves up on Friday night.


I had picked up the baskets at Ross and I absolutely love how clean it looks!

This little nook turned out to be the perfect place for Joey to put all his gear.  And you can't even see it stashed away back there!  (And BTW, please ignore my fancy trash can.  Like I said, I'm keepin' it real.)


I'm super happy about the transformation, and like everything else we've done recently, I only wish we would have done it sooner!


16 comments:

Jenster said...

looks great!! i would love to actually have a laundry room....i have the washer/dryer in my garage...

Kelly said...

Love the shelves and the new color!

Annie said...

the laundry room turned out PERFECT!!! i love it! :) i wish i could make mine presentable...probably never going to happen ;)

The LaJeunesse Family said...

you are a renovating machine lady! love it!

blessedmomto8 said...

WOW! Looks great!

scargosun said...

Looks fab! I keep looking at laundry room redos to get ideas. Wish I could copy yours but ours is shaped differently. Back to the drawing board.

cheri said...

pretty place to be. do i hear you whistling as you fold the laundry :)

good job :)

Melissa said...

Girl, I wish I had your motivation! I love the way your hung your laundry sign. It looks great hanging like that!

Dancing Sweet Pea said...

Looks great! I love the laundry sign too!

California Wife said...

Wow! I'm so jealous, it looks fantastic!

Aly @ Analyze This said...

That looks FABUSLOUS!!! You're so crafty! :)

Lauren said...

Looks so good, and so warm!! :)

The Shabby Princess said...

It looks great!! Love that paint color!

the queen said...

what is the shade of paint? it is so stunning and subtle!

Lauren said...

I am a little behind on reading blogs but wanted to stop by and let you know that I love your new laundry room!! It looks great. :)

Mighty M said...

I love it - the color is great, what a nice update!!

let's get acquainted

My Photo
THE Stephanie
I’m Stephanie - wife to one extremely handsome cop; mother to two extremely silly kids. The hubs and I have been married since February ’99. I love him more each day and simply can’t get enough of him. My daughter, Ashton, is 12 going on 17. She’s beautiful, creative, smart, and oh, so sassy. Taylor, our son, is 8 and is so much like his daddy it’s scary. He makes me laugh all the time with the silly things he says and does. He won’t remember what you told him 5 minutes from now, just like his daddy. I love to laugh and spend time with friends and family. I’ve also recently discovered a love for cooking and enjoy sharing recipes. I love finding new blog friends, so be sure to leave a comment so I can do the same!
View my complete profile

I'm a weather addict