The first touch of Fall.

Thursday, September 9, 2010

Last week I went to Micheal's searching for the supplies to make a Fall wreath that I had seen online. I couldn't find anything I was looking for, but while searching aimlessly, I saw this:


Is that not the cutest thing EVER??

But look at that price tag.  $79.99!!!  Are you kidding me?  I mean, it's fabulous, but not that fabulous!  Besides, I had seen all of the pieces to put this together as I had been wandering through the store, and they certainly wouldn't cost me $80!

So I decided to give it a try.  I've never done anything like this before - I've never even made a wreath.  But I've been empowered, I think, by all of my recent home improvements, so I thought I'd go for it.

Here's my version:


What do you think? Pretty good, right?

Let me see if I can give you price down:

  • Hay bale - $7.99 (I bought a smaller one than shown in the display)
  • Scarecrow - $3.99 (on sale)
  • Fall leaves - $4.99 (on sale)
  • Grass - $5.99 (Ross)

I already had the pumpkins and other filler items, so in total, this project cost me about $23.  Amazing, huh?!?

So tell me - Have you brought out your Fall decor yet?  Anything easy that you want to share?


16 comments:

Megan said...

Very cute!! I bought some fall decorations the other day and I was so excited!

Virginia Belle said...

Nice work! In my opinion it looks so much better than the Micheal's version. Yay for Fall decorations!

bet5032 said...

I rarely comment on you blog, but just had to say I LOVE this! So cute. The home improvements you've been doing also look great! Oh, and your family is absolutely gorgeous. I think that's all I had to say.. :)

Ashlynn said...

That is adorable! What a great job. They can keep their 80 bucks.

Brown Girl said...

Totally cute, if not cuter than what they did. $80 is crazy!!

Lauren said...

So incredibly cute!!!! :)

Rachel said...

How precious is that?? You are SO creative! Happy Fall :)

Dancing Sweet Pea said...

Looks great! And what an idea to do it yourself! This may sound silly, but I never think to price those displays out and see if I can do it myself for cheaper! I can't believe I have never thought of that! I'm the one that just buys the display! Haha!

scargosun said...

LOVE it! I REALLY want to decorate but the dining room renovation has the house in an uproar. Hopefully in about 3 weeks I can decorate. Sigh...

Karm said...

I cannot see the photos, but I can't wait to get home to take a look. I am excited for fall!! I might take out my fall decor this wkd...

city girl said...

I love fall decorating! And you made some great finds!

LauraAnn said...

You did a great job! It turned out very cute!

I wish my fall stuff was out! It would have all been out by now had things not been so busy lately but hopefully I will get it all out next week!

John Deere Mom said...

I love it! I can't believe the price tag on that original. That's just crazy! I always use straw bales for fall decor. I just can't believe you had to pay $8.00 for that little one! If you lived closer, you could grab some right out of the barn! :)

Annie said...

your little display turned out so cute!!! i can't believe that one was $80! that is insane!! ha!
i made a fall wreath for our front door over the weekend, i'll be posting pics some time this week ;)

In this wonderful life... said...

super cute! this make me want to pull out some fall decor!

Mighty M said...

Way to get thrifty, creative, and crafty. I love it!

let's get acquainted

My Photo
THE Stephanie
I’m Stephanie - wife to one extremely handsome cop; mother to two extremely silly kids. The hubs and I have been married since February ’99. I love him more each day and simply can’t get enough of him. My daughter, Ashton, is 12 going on 17. She’s beautiful, creative, smart, and oh, so sassy. Taylor, our son, is 8 and is so much like his daddy it’s scary. He makes me laugh all the time with the silly things he says and does. He won’t remember what you told him 5 minutes from now, just like his daddy. I love to laugh and spend time with friends and family. I’ve also recently discovered a love for cooking and enjoy sharing recipes. I love finding new blog friends, so be sure to leave a comment so I can do the same!
View my complete profile

I'm a weather addict