29 again?

Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Last night, Joey took me to dinner for an early birthday date. (Shameless plug: Today is my birthday.)  We haven't been on a date in forever, so we were both excited to get away.

He took me to one of our favorite Mexican food restaurants, that we rarely go to because it's way on the other side of town.  It was so good!


The company was better, though.

He's gonna kill me for posting this pic, but I love it, and it's my birthday.  So there.

I tried to get a good pic of the two of us, but...


Ok, maybe this will do.


After dinner, I talked Joey into taking me to The Cheesecake Factory for a slice of caramel turtle cheesecake.  I was evidently trying to eat myself into a bigger pant size.  Either way, it was YUMMY!


After dinner, we headed home to relieve my MIL from babysitting duty.  The kids had cards and a present for me, and they simply couldn't wait until today to give them to me.  And who am I to refuse?



I have to say, they picked out the perfect cards, and they obviously know their momma very well.

They also got me a necklace at the Wildlife Ranch when they went with my MIL this summer.  I can't believe they were thinking about my birthday months ago! (I thought I was the only one doing that. LOL.)  So thoughtful of them.

If you look closely, you can see the necklace (not the silver chain), along with the silly bands that Ashton gifted me as well.  Of course, I'm sporting them both at work today, as any loving mother would.


I think that wraps up the pre-birthday celebrations, but we have more on tap for this evening.

Again, who am I to refuse?



14 comments:

The LaJeunesse Family said...

You are one hot mama!! Happy 29th again!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ashlynn said...

Happy birthday!! You look fabulous and I'm so jealous that you got the turtle cheesecake.... that must have been SO good!

Mighty M said...

Your birthday is off to a great start - hope the rest of the day is fabulous!!

Melissa said...

Happy birthday!! I love your jewelry you wore last night!!

In this wonderful life... said...

hope you have a wonderful birthday!

you two are so.cute.!

Karm said...

Happy Birthday!! sounds like you had a lot of fun... yumm cheesecake factory sounds good right now (:

Haven and Home said...

Happy Birthday!!!! Mexican food, you are my kind of birthday girl. Love that purple dress!

Megan said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! I hope it's a great one!!

Dancing Sweet Pea said...

Happy birthday! I hope you have a fabulous day!

Lauren said...

Happy Happy Birthday, friend!! Love ya :)

LauraAnn said...

Happy Birthday Stephanie! Hope you have a wonderful day!

Sweet Simplicity said...

Happy Birthday! Your kids are so sweet.

California Wife said...

Happy Birthday!!!! Love the necklace... and the silly bandz!

Jenni said...

I am SO excited to have just found your blog!! I noticed the SA weather on your sidebar because I just moved from there at the beginning of this year (I'm in Austin now) - so I'm excited to have found another blogger nearby!!

PS - you are gorgeous!!
PPS - happy birthday!! :)

let's get acquainted

My Photo
THE Stephanie
I’m Stephanie - wife to one extremely handsome cop; mother to two extremely silly kids. The hubs and I have been married since February ’99. I love him more each day and simply can’t get enough of him. My daughter, Ashton, is 12 going on 17. She’s beautiful, creative, smart, and oh, so sassy. Taylor, our son, is 8 and is so much like his daddy it’s scary. He makes me laugh all the time with the silly things he says and does. He won’t remember what you told him 5 minutes from now, just like his daddy. I love to laugh and spend time with friends and family. I’ve also recently discovered a love for cooking and enjoy sharing recipes. I love finding new blog friends, so be sure to leave a comment so I can do the same!
View my complete profile

I'm a weather addict