Window shopping, Ashton style.

Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Saturday, Ashton and I had a little mother-daughter date.  She wanted to go to the mall to try on clothes. Although I love shopping, I wasn't all that excited about the option she had chosen because it was tax-free weekend and I knew it would be packed.  And, we weren't buying anything since we had already purchased all of her back-to-school clothes.

But, she really wanted to go, so off we went.


First, we stopped here for lunch.


Then we headed to the mall.  After we drove around for what seemed like forever, we finally found a parking spot.  Then, as we were walking into Macy's, I saw a front row space. *face palm*

Our first stop was Gap Kids, where Ashton found the cutest headband!


Then we wondered around a bit in the store until I had a fabulous idea! I told Ashton we should choose mannequins that we like and replicate the outfits for her to try on and I would take pics. A little modeling session, if you will. She was totally game.


Our next stop was Justice. I have to say, they have the cutest clothes!!


This was my favorite outfit. Doesn't she look so cute?!?

Then we wondered over to The Children's Place.


I love this one too!

By this time, Joey and Taylor were heading home from their little guys afternoon of shoe shopping and haircuts, so we decided to wrap it up with a few last outfits in Macy's. (I wasn't a fan.  Really lame options, but Ashton found a couple to try on.)



We had so much fun! And I was so proud of Ashton. She knew we weren't buying and she never even asked. Such a sweet girl.

10 comments:

Sweet Simplicity said...

She just wanted to go shopping with her momma! That is so sweet.

Lauren said...

Awww, so fun!!! What wonderful girl time!!! :)

Amber said...

What a great mother/daughter day.

And she's gorgeous! You better seriously watch out - they boys will be banging down your doors soon!

Hope back to school is going well for your house!

Annie said...

what a fun day you two had!! she is just too cute!!

Melissa said...

That's such a fun idea!!

LauraAnn said...

Awe! What a fun "Mommy, Daughter Shopping Day"!!!! Looks like you both had a wonderful time!

Stephanie, your daughter is so beautiful! Like mother, like daughter! :-) I bet your husband is dreading the day that she is old enough to date!

Heather said...

Girl, she is beautiful!! So are you! I love all the clothes she tried on and I love that you took pictures! She is going to be a heartbreaker! I LOVE that headband, too cute!

Jo Ann said...

Gives me some really good ideas for Christmas! And Birthday which comes first...
MaMa

partialemptynester said...

Sooo much fun!!!!!!

Mrs. Bear said...

Aw looks like you two had a blast! Is it bad that I want half of those outfits she tried on? I wonder if I could squeeze into that gapkids stuff...

let's get acquainted

My Photo
THE Stephanie
I’m Stephanie - wife to one extremely handsome cop; mother to two extremely silly kids. The hubs and I have been married since February ’99. I love him more each day and simply can’t get enough of him. My daughter, Ashton, is 12 going on 17. She’s beautiful, creative, smart, and oh, so sassy. Taylor, our son, is 8 and is so much like his daddy it’s scary. He makes me laugh all the time with the silly things he says and does. He won’t remember what you told him 5 minutes from now, just like his daddy. I love to laugh and spend time with friends and family. I’ve also recently discovered a love for cooking and enjoy sharing recipes. I love finding new blog friends, so be sure to leave a comment so I can do the same!
View my complete profile

I'm a weather addict