On my mind...

Monday, August 2, 2010

I can't seem to think about anything else this morning accept for my Mama.


Recently, I've started referring to her as Nana, since that's what she is to my kids. But before she was Nana, she was always Mama.

The Mama that I loved to visit.  I have tons of memories of trips to Amarillo, walking to the drug store behind her house, playing penny poker, sleeping on the couch, watching Days Of Our Lives (she's an avid fan, and has been forever!), always seeing her Bible on her night stand, watching her make lunch for my Papa (pimento cheese or ham and olive sandwich with a real Coke in a glass bottle, if I remember correctly) - I could go on and on.

Right now, Mama is in the hospital, and has been for about a week. A few months back she had back surgery and now she is suffering from what appears to be complications from that surgery. I haven't seen her in about a year and my heart is heavy.

If you're a praying person, would you please pray for Mama? Her faith is very strong and I know that she has complete trust in the Lord and whatever His plan may be, but her family - although our faith is strong as well, we just love her very much and pray that she makes a complete recovery.

Philippians 4:6 "Don't worry about anything, but pray about everything. With thankful hearts offer up your prayers and requests to God."


10 comments:

Tara Gibson said...

send prayers and hugs your way!

Lishak said...

What a sweet post about your mom. Praying!

Shauna said...

sending thoughts your way ... love your memories with her <3

Kristen @ All In My Twenties said...

aww I hope everything turns out okay!! She will definitely be in my prayers!

Tiffany said...

Sending prayers your way!

Megan said...

Will be praying for your mama!

California Wife said...

What a sweet picture... sending prayers your way!

Naturally Caffeinated Family said...

oh I'm sorry Stephanie, saying a prayer right now!

LauraAnn said...

I am so sorry to hear about your Mama, Stephanie! I will definitely keep her in my prayers!

The Shabby Princess said...

Oh Steph, so sorry! I'm prayin' for her.

let's get acquainted

My Photo
THE Stephanie
I’m Stephanie - wife to one extremely handsome cop; mother to two extremely silly kids. The hubs and I have been married since February ’99. I love him more each day and simply can’t get enough of him. My daughter, Ashton, is 12 going on 17. She’s beautiful, creative, smart, and oh, so sassy. Taylor, our son, is 8 and is so much like his daddy it’s scary. He makes me laugh all the time with the silly things he says and does. He won’t remember what you told him 5 minutes from now, just like his daddy. I love to laugh and spend time with friends and family. I’ve also recently discovered a love for cooking and enjoy sharing recipes. I love finding new blog friends, so be sure to leave a comment so I can do the same!
View my complete profile

I'm a weather addict