Dining Room Makeover

Tuesday, August 31, 2010

I mentioned a few weeks ago about my new new obsession with home decor.  My first project was framing the builder-grade mirrors in both bathrooms.  Then Joey replaced the builder-grade light fixture in the guest bath.  (Are you seeing a pattern here with all the "builder-grade"?)

Then one day, I decided that I wanted to spice up the dining room with some fresh paint and a chair rail.

Here's the before:


And the after:


Once I had taken the picture down so I could paint, I decided I was done with it.  Truth be told, I was done with it a long time ago, but I didn't have another option, so it stayed.

I found this one day and knew I had to try it.


What do you think?  I really like it and it was so easy!  (Well, once I figured out how to eliminate the air bubbles.)

Here's the finished product, for now:


I still want to add something to the window, but I haven't quite decided what just yet.  I'm very much a minimalist when it comes to decorating, but I really like how this all turned out.


13 comments:

The LaJeunesse Family said...

i love this!!! you did so great steph!

Dancing Sweet Pea said...

Wow! It looks fantastic! You did a great job! It makes such a difference.

blessedmomto8 said...

REALLY cool!

Naturally Caffeinated Family said...

I love it, it looks great!! No joke, I had 12 x 12 (and another size I don't remember :)) pieces of wood cut (after I made our headboard) for a project just like this! I was thinking about using fabric or paper, I'm going to look into some paper!! Great job, mama!

Naturally Caffeinated Family said...

(and I just told Hubby last week that I wanted to put chair rail in the nursery too! :))

Honorary Indian said...

WOW! So impressed! I'm just now beginning the re-painting process in several rooms in our house...always so hesitant to just "go for it"...but I love your finished project and your "do-it-yourself" methods! Awesome!!!

Melissa said...

Oh wow! It looks incredible!! I really love the pictures!!

Lishak said...

Love it! You did a fabulous job! The chair rail adds so much to the room!

About Me, Sara Cate said...

Great change! Love the colors.

Amber said...

What a transformation in your dining room! It looks so upgraded! Do you mind me asking if the supplies were expensive and where you go them? I think this would be great in my master bathroom!

Patience said...

Love the paint and the chair rail. Plus your new prints are fabulous. You are very crafty :)

LauraAnn said...

Looks amazing Stephanie!! I love the paint colors you chose. Feel free to come on up to Indiana and help this terrible decorator out! lol

Lauren said...

Oh my word, looks AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!

let's get acquainted

My Photo
THE Stephanie
I’m Stephanie - wife to one extremely handsome cop; mother to two extremely silly kids. The hubs and I have been married since February ’99. I love him more each day and simply can’t get enough of him. My daughter, Ashton, is 12 going on 17. She’s beautiful, creative, smart, and oh, so sassy. Taylor, our son, is 8 and is so much like his daddy it’s scary. He makes me laugh all the time with the silly things he says and does. He won’t remember what you told him 5 minutes from now, just like his daddy. I love to laugh and spend time with friends and family. I’ve also recently discovered a love for cooking and enjoy sharing recipes. I love finding new blog friends, so be sure to leave a comment so I can do the same!
View my complete profile

I'm a weather addict