Birthday celebration #1

Thursday, August 26, 2010

Last Thursday was Taylor's 7th birthday. Since Joey works Thursday nights, we celebrated with family last Wednesday. I assumed that Taylor would want to go out for dinner, but when I asked what he wanted, he said, without hesitation, Spaghetti Tacos.

Yes, you read that correctly.


Needless to say the rest of us ate our spaghetti sans taco shells. Hey, when it's your birthday, anything goes, right?

After dinner, we headed over to Joey's Grandparents to have cake and open a few presents. His party isn't until Saturday, so we couldn't make him wait a week and a half! That would be pure torture!!

The only thing he asked for this year was an Xbox.

(Yes, that is Christmas wrapping paper, inside out.  I didn't have birthday paper and I knew he wouldn't care.)

This is one of the reasons that I love Taylor so much. His personality is so BIG! That last picture is him passing out from excitement. LOVE HIM!


(Games for his PSP and an additional Xbox controller.)



Taylor was so excited all night, he kept saying, "This is the best day of my life!" 

I love that he lives only in the moment.  This is a blessing (when things are great) and a curse (when things are not so good) sometimes, but on this day, it was definitely a blessing.

Happy birthday, sweet boy!  Momma love you!


9 comments:

Naturally Caffeinated Family said...

awww, so sweet! what a fun day! and spaghetti tacos, haha, have you ever had those before or did he make that up? so cute! I love the special birthday dinners!

Mighty M said...

I've heard nothing but positive things about spaghetti tacos although I have yet to try them. Glad you made his birthday wishes come true!! :)

The LaJeunesse Family said...

what a sweet boy!!!

Tiffany said...

So funny that he wanted to stay in and picked that for his birthday meal. Love all of the pictures!

Kelly said...

Spaghetti Tacos... I bet those would be good, especially with cheese!

Love your blog design website... didn't know you did that!

Jenster said...

taylor is so funny! looks like a great time.

The Shabby Princess said...

Those pictures crack me up!! How sweet!

Mrs. Classic said...

Let me guess... He is an iCarly fan? They eat those all the time. (Our nieces and nephews love that show.) He reminds me of my little brother when he was that age!

Lauren said...

He is soooo precious!!!

You know, I've heard of spaghetti tacos but I've never had them... HA! I'm with you, think I'll keep the two separate, LOL!!!

let's get acquainted

My Photo
THE Stephanie
I’m Stephanie - wife to one extremely handsome cop; mother to two extremely silly kids. The hubs and I have been married since February ’99. I love him more each day and simply can’t get enough of him. My daughter, Ashton, is 12 going on 17. She’s beautiful, creative, smart, and oh, so sassy. Taylor, our son, is 8 and is so much like his daddy it’s scary. He makes me laugh all the time with the silly things he says and does. He won’t remember what you told him 5 minutes from now, just like his daddy. I love to laugh and spend time with friends and family. I’ve also recently discovered a love for cooking and enjoy sharing recipes. I love finding new blog friends, so be sure to leave a comment so I can do the same!
View my complete profile

I'm a weather addict