Back to school

Monday, August 23, 2010

Today is the first day of school.  Ashton is in the 5th grade (and her last year in elementary school *sniff*) and Taylor is in 1st.

I guess I need to stop asking how this happens because I know how - Time flies!!!


The kids laid out their clothes last night and went to bed early.  Their alarms were set for 6:15, but I heard one of them up much earlier than that.  Turns out it was Ashton.  She got up at 5:45 because she wanted to have time to watch TV before school.  Trust me, this won't last.  She is not a morning person.

Taylor, on the other hand, slept until his alarm went off, but then he was up, dressed, and his happy little self.  He has been so excited to wear his Karate Kid shirt!


Me?  I didn't sleep much at all, but that's beside the point.  The important thing for me is that I am officially declaring it to be Fall.  With the start of school, for some reason it just seems like my wardrobe should change.  No, it hasn't cooled down yet.  In fact, it's supposed to be 101 degrees today.  But that won't stop me from wearing pants and close-toed shoes as opposed to summer dresses and sandals.  Maybe I can will the weather to cool off.



9 comments:

Rachel said...

They're so cute! I hope they both have a great year :)

California Wife said...

Good luck to Ashton and Taylor on their first day!!!

Lauren said...

Aw, so sweet!! Hope they both have a great school year!! :)

Mighty M said...

They look ready to take on a new school year! Hope they have a fantastic day!!

Melissa said...

I hope they have a wonderful school year!

Melissa said...

I hope they have a wonderful school year!

The Shabby Princess said...

I lit pumpkin scented candles at home in my efforts to will fall. So far, I lose because it's still 100+ outside.

Naturally Caffeinated Family said...

aww, such cute pics! I hope they have a great school year! Fall is coming, soon! soon! :)

partialemptynester said...

LOVE the first day of school...too fun! And yes, I always long for cooler fall weather this time of year, too!

let's get acquainted

My Photo
THE Stephanie
I’m Stephanie - wife to one extremely handsome cop; mother to two extremely silly kids. The hubs and I have been married since February ’99. I love him more each day and simply can’t get enough of him. My daughter, Ashton, is 12 going on 17. She’s beautiful, creative, smart, and oh, so sassy. Taylor, our son, is 8 and is so much like his daddy it’s scary. He makes me laugh all the time with the silly things he says and does. He won’t remember what you told him 5 minutes from now, just like his daddy. I love to laugh and spend time with friends and family. I’ve also recently discovered a love for cooking and enjoy sharing recipes. I love finding new blog friends, so be sure to leave a comment so I can do the same!
View my complete profile

I'm a weather addict