Stephanie Cooks: Salmon Patties

Tuesday, July 6, 2010

*Don't forget to enter my current giveway HERE.

Ok, let's just lay this out there first thing - This is not healthy.  There, I said it.  But for any of you who enjoy tasty food and could occasionally disregard the fact that it's fried in oil, please proceed.  You've been warned.

Salmon Patties

What you need:

  • 2 small cans boneless salmon, flaked
  • 1 egg
  • 1/3 cup flour, plus a little
  • salt
  • pepper


How you make it:

  1. Heat oil in large skillet over medium heat.
  2. Drain salmon and empty into medium bowl.  Flake.
  3. Add egg, flour, salt, and pepper (you know, just toss in some salt in pepper, to your liking) and mix together.
  4. Spoon into balls, then flatten into patties and place in oil.  Will make approximately 6-7 patties.
  5. Cook 5-7 minutes (or until brown), then flip and continue cooking until done.
  6. Drain on paper towel. 
  7. Serve with your favorite southern sides.  You know, like Velveeta Shells and Cheese and baked broccoli.


BTW, I hate the word "patties".  Sorry.



    4 comments:

    Tara Gibson said...

    my hubby loves these things and i never cook them. i will have to try this recipe!

    Jenster said...

    oohh stephy!!! they look good. no, not the healthiest but served with a salad....i would say healthy :) thanks.

    Virginia Belle said...

    LOVE salmon patties! I can't wait to try this recipe. They sound fairly easy to make which makes me even more excited to try them :)

    Butter said...

    Velveeta shells and cheese? Really? What happened to your taste buds? Kraft Macaroni and Cheese is the only Mac and Cheese worth eating.

    let's get acquainted

    My Photo
    THE Stephanie
    I’m Stephanie - wife to one extremely handsome cop; mother to two extremely silly kids. The hubs and I have been married since February ’99. I love him more each day and simply can’t get enough of him. My daughter, Ashton, is 12 going on 17. She’s beautiful, creative, smart, and oh, so sassy. Taylor, our son, is 8 and is so much like his daddy it’s scary. He makes me laugh all the time with the silly things he says and does. He won’t remember what you told him 5 minutes from now, just like his daddy. I love to laugh and spend time with friends and family. I’ve also recently discovered a love for cooking and enjoy sharing recipes. I love finding new blog friends, so be sure to leave a comment so I can do the same!
    View my complete profile

    I'm a weather addict