Ok, let's just lay this out there first thing - This is not healthy. There, I said it. But for any of you who enjoy tasty food and could occasionally disregard the fact that it's fried in oil, please proceed. You've been warned.
What you need:
- 2 small cans boneless salmon, flaked
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup flour, plus a little
How you make it:
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium heat.
- Drain salmon and empty into medium bowl. Flake.
- Add egg, flour, salt, and pepper (you know, just toss in some salt in pepper, to your liking) and mix together.
- Spoon into balls, then flatten into patties and place in oil. Will make approximately 6-7 patties.
- Cook 5-7 minutes (or until brown), then flip and continue cooking until done.
- Drain on paper towel.
- Serve with your favorite southern sides. You know, like Velveeta Shells and Cheese and baked broccoli.
BTW, I hate the word "patties". Sorry.