Stephanie cooks: Burritos!

Tuesday, July 20, 2010

If you can say that by rolling your r's, it will be much more festive.  I, on the other hand, can't roll my r's to save my life.

I hope that's never a situation I get into.  Where I must roll my r's to save my life.

I digress.

Let's move on to the burritos.  For loving Mexican food as much as I do, I've only posted one recipe for Mexican food.  That's truly a shame.  But here's one for you.  It was pretty much a staple in my house growing because my brother was an extremely picky eater, but he would eat these.  In fact, if he reads my blog like he says he does, I can expect a nasty comment somewhat to the effect of "Why wasn't I told about the burritos last night so I could come for dinner???"

I guess you could say this is a test of sorts.

Burritos

What you need:

  • 1 lb. ground beef
  • 1 package flour tortillas
  • 1 can refried beans
  • 1 can red enchilada sauce
  • grated cheddar



How you make it:

  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
  2. Brown ground beef.  Drain. (DO NOT salt the meat.)
  3. Add refried beans and enchilada sauce.  Mix well and simmer.
  4. Add beef mixture to warmed tortillas (I usually heat them up, one-by-one, in the microwave for 10 seconds or so.).
  5. Sprinkle with cheese.  Roll to close.
  6. Repeat until micture is gone.
  7. Line burritos on foil lined baking sheet.  Sprinkle cheese on top.
  8. Bake for 20 minutes, or until mixture is bubbly, cheese on top in melted, and the edges of the tortillas and browned slightly.


This will make a ton of burritos, but these are the best leftover.  In fact, I never even consider reducing the recipe because I love the thought of having the leftovers all week.  They're yummy!



4 comments:

Molotov said...

I am a web stalker too! I am now stalking yours ;) blogtrolls.blogspot.com

Grand Pooba said...

Burrrrrrritos!

Maubrey said...

excellent post ..fantastic snaps stephanie and seems so yummy..love your blog//pretty nice contents…helps to learn some thing for a non-native speaker ….attractive and cool article(this post u wrote ) is cool as like my cool blog(of course name of my blog..haha)

http://vinothcraig.blogspot.com
(mines)

Carrie & Randy said...

Yummy! I love taco night in our house, but I'll have to try this recipe. Thanks for sharing!

let's get acquainted

My Photo
THE Stephanie
I’m Stephanie - wife to one extremely handsome cop; mother to two extremely silly kids. The hubs and I have been married since February ’99. I love him more each day and simply can’t get enough of him. My daughter, Ashton, is 12 going on 17. She’s beautiful, creative, smart, and oh, so sassy. Taylor, our son, is 8 and is so much like his daddy it’s scary. He makes me laugh all the time with the silly things he says and does. He won’t remember what you told him 5 minutes from now, just like his daddy. I love to laugh and spend time with friends and family. I’ve also recently discovered a love for cooking and enjoy sharing recipes. I love finding new blog friends, so be sure to leave a comment so I can do the same!
View my complete profile

I'm a weather addict