Stephanie cooks: Baked Tilapia

Friday, July 16, 2010

Last night I made the best dinner - if I do say so myself.  But luckily, it wasn't just me that said so.  Joey said so.  Ashton said so.  And even Taylor said so. (Well, the kids didn't care for the zucchini, but you win 'em all, right?)

It was a Christmas miracle.  Only it's not Christmas.


I got the recipe from Cooking With Carolyn.  If you're not a follower, you should be.  She's an amazing cook!

Baked Tilapia

What you need:

  • 4 tilapia fillets
  • 1 tbsp. mayo
  • 1/2 lime, juiced
  • 1/4 tsp. onion powder
  • 1/4 tsp. black pepper
  • Crushed Ritz crackers (about 3/4 of a sleeve)
  • 2-3 tbsp. melted butter


How you make it:

  1. Preheat oven to 425.
  2. Spray baking dish with cooking spray.
  3. Lightly salt fillets and place in dish. (I skipped this step on accident - the salt - but it needs it, so don't skip.)
  4. Mix together mayo, lime, onion powder, and pepper. Spread on top of fillets.
  5. Melt butter and mix with crushed crackers. Spread over fillets.
  6. Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until fish flakes easily.

I served this with Ranch Roasted Red Potatoes and Sauteed Zucchini. It was delish!  Give it a try and let me know what you think!



No comments:

let's get acquainted

My Photo
THE Stephanie
I’m Stephanie - wife to one extremely handsome cop; mother to two extremely silly kids. The hubs and I have been married since February ’99. I love him more each day and simply can’t get enough of him. My daughter, Ashton, is 12 going on 17. She’s beautiful, creative, smart, and oh, so sassy. Taylor, our son, is 8 and is so much like his daddy it’s scary. He makes me laugh all the time with the silly things he says and does. He won’t remember what you told him 5 minutes from now, just like his daddy. I love to laugh and spend time with friends and family. I’ve also recently discovered a love for cooking and enjoy sharing recipes. I love finding new blog friends, so be sure to leave a comment so I can do the same!
View my complete profile

I'm a weather addict