I'm raising a salesman.

Thursday, July 15, 2010

A few nights ago, I went into the den to grab something, and found this:


I recognized the handwriting immediately and couldn't help but chuckle.

Ashton and Taylor have been using pipe cleaners to make bracelets at Mimi's this week.  Ashton called me at work earlier this week and asked, "If I was going to make you a bracelet, what color would you want?"  I love how she said "if", trying to throw me off to the fact that she was actually making me a bracelet.

These bracelets in the picture, however, are not Ashton's.  They're Taylor's.  He is always trying to come up with something to sell to the neighbors.  A month or so ago, it was hand drawn pictures.

I have to give it to him though - he and a friend went door to door for the last 2 nights and made over $12! 

I mean, could you resist this face?


Ok, maybe that one. But this one?


Ok, ok. But definitely not this one!


Yeah, definitely!  Who could resist that face?  Certainly not my unsuspecting neighbors!

He informed his Mimi that they made much more than they would have with a lemonade stand.  Because with lemonade, you only make "like $3 or something."


11 comments:

5th Belle Avenue said...

I LOVE IT! How creative! I have such fun memories of making things and then doing everything in my power to get the whole neighborhood to buy them. You may have some future entrepreneurs on your hand!

Thank you for the babymoon input! It really is so helpful hearing everyone's opinions! We're making a decision tonight. :)

A Wedding Story said...

Oh my gosh, how cute is that! What a little entrepreneur!

A Wedding Story said...

Oh my gosh, how cute is that! What a little entrepreneur!

cheri said...

wow, how enterprising! is he saving up for school or something?

happy SITS :)

The LaJeunesse Family said...

smart young man! who looks just like his mama by the way!

Beth said...

Great idea. My almost 4 year old drags out her toys and sets up a store in the living room and tries to sell us stuff. On night she took all the pillows off of our bed and tried to sell them back to us for $2 each. LOL!! At least thier enterprising.

Joey said...

I was actually REALLY surprised he made so much! geeze... maybe I should ask him to hire me off duty... lol

Megan said...

The 2nd picture of him made me laugh out loud hahah.

What a good businessman he is!!

meredith said...

bahaha, omg i LOVE it! gotta love that entrepreneurial spirit! and he's so freakin' cute!

partialemptynester said...

OH, I love it, love it, love it! No, I could not resist that precious face, but if somehow that face got by me, it def could not get by my hubby who once bought a seashell for $5 from our niece across the street on his way home from work!!!!! Seriously?!!? I could see a dollar maybe, but five!?!? Really?! In his defense he said all he had was a five and since she hadn't sold any other shells that day, she had no change...awwww, okay, fine, my love, give her the $5!!!

Love those entrepreneuring kids!!

divorcedbefore30 said...

What a cutie! Thanks for visiting my blog recently. Glad to find you!

let's get acquainted

My Photo
THE Stephanie
I’m Stephanie - wife to one extremely handsome cop; mother to two extremely silly kids. The hubs and I have been married since February ’99. I love him more each day and simply can’t get enough of him. My daughter, Ashton, is 12 going on 17. She’s beautiful, creative, smart, and oh, so sassy. Taylor, our son, is 8 and is so much like his daddy it’s scary. He makes me laugh all the time with the silly things he says and does. He won’t remember what you told him 5 minutes from now, just like his daddy. I love to laugh and spend time with friends and family. I’ve also recently discovered a love for cooking and enjoy sharing recipes. I love finding new blog friends, so be sure to leave a comment so I can do the same!
View my complete profile

I'm a weather addict