The hottest coolest time in Texas!

Monday, July 19, 2010



We took the kids to Schlitterbahn yesterday, and if the people from the 'bahn are reading this, you should really hire my kids for your next commercial.

They had so much fun!  They could not stop talking about how "This is the best day of my life!" and "This is the ultimate waterpark for me!"  Yes, Taylor actually said ultimate. (Then when I brought it up to him later in the day, he got embarrassed and said, "Let's not talk it.")

If you've never been to Schlitterbahn (in New Braunfels, TX), which I'll go ahead and assume that most of you have not, the thing that's so cool about it is that 90% of the rides are tube rides.  And they're long tube rides, with lots of drops, turns, and rapids.  The lines weren't too bad, so we'd end up waiting in line for maybe 20-30 minutes, but the ride itself was at least 3-4 minutes.  The kids were in heaven!

On the first ride, the kids were total amateurs and flipped out of their tubes several times.  I was worried that Taylor, especially, would get freaked out, but instead, he would hop back on his tube and scream, "That was awesome!"  "This is the best day of my life!"  "This is so fun!"

Joey wasn't thrilled about going, mainly because the park is fed by the Comal River.  In case you're not aware, the Comal River is about the temperature of ice water, maybe a little colder.  Yeah, it's pretty dang cold, but even Joey started to have fun once he saw how excited the kids were.



It was such a fun day, but we were exhausted when it was over.  8 hours of "the best day of my  life" can really take it out of you!


8 comments:

~Mrs. Guru~ said...

Looks like so much fun!

Kelly said...

Sounds like fun!! I used to love going to water parks!

Ms. Emily Ann said...

Such a cute blog, and adorable pictures!! Sounds like a fantastic day, I really need to make it to a water park this summer, I love them!!

Kristen @ All In My Twenties said...

Love your blog!! Im from Houston and I love Schlitterhaun!!

Look like yall had a great time!!

amy (metz) walker said...

CUTE pics!!!

Brown Girl said...

I've never been but I hear it's a blast!

California Wife said...

I've heard of that park before on The Travel Channel, and it sounds amazing! Glad you had a great time!

Svetlana said...

I just moved to Austin in April (graduate school!) and my office mates and I went to Schlitterbahn a few weeks ago -- I'd never been to a water park before and loved it so much! Definitely oodles of fun!

let's get acquainted

My Photo
THE Stephanie
I’m Stephanie - wife to one extremely handsome cop; mother to two extremely silly kids. The hubs and I have been married since February ’99. I love him more each day and simply can’t get enough of him. My daughter, Ashton, is 12 going on 17. She’s beautiful, creative, smart, and oh, so sassy. Taylor, our son, is 8 and is so much like his daddy it’s scary. He makes me laugh all the time with the silly things he says and does. He won’t remember what you told him 5 minutes from now, just like his daddy. I love to laugh and spend time with friends and family. I’ve also recently discovered a love for cooking and enjoy sharing recipes. I love finding new blog friends, so be sure to leave a comment so I can do the same!
View my complete profile

I'm a weather addict