Good friends. Good times.

Monday, July 26, 2010

Saturday afternoon, we drove out to our friends' house.  It was so fun to see them.  We always have such a great time together and I so miss them living right next door.

They have a beautiful pool in their neighborhood, so we spent a few hours there to start the day off.  Other than Taylor jumping off the top of the play scape, thinking there was a slide where there wasn't, a good time was had by all. 

Taylor and Larson (their son) had a great time together.  Larson has more Star Wars paraphernalia than Taylor does, which I didn't even know was possible!


There's a bit of an age difference between their daughter - Lauren - and Ashton, but that didn't seem to matter after long.


The adults got to enjoy our favorite pastime - begging Joey to play cards.  (He's not a game player.  I'm not sure where I found him!)  Ok, ok, I actually got Joey to agree to play on the drive out there, so we did actually get to enjoy playing cards (Hand & Foot).  The only thing that would have made it better was if the girls had won.  Which we didn't.


Last weekend I posted on Facebook that I was taking some homemade cinnamon rolls to our new neighbors (that bought Josh & Kelly's house) and Kelly reminded me that she never got cinnamon rolls when she lived there, so I brought her some.


She even forced Josh to break his health streak and take a bite.  Good times.

We had so much fun and can't wait to get together again.  Love you guys!!


12 comments:

Megan said...

Looks like a fun time! Luke doesn't like to play games either! It drives me crazy! :-)

The LaJeunesse Family said...

FedEx me some cinnamon rolls asap! :)

Butter said...

Spell check sis. Love ya!

Melissa said...

Your cinnamon rolls always looks awesome!!

Grand Pooba said...

Those cinnamon rolls look AHmazing!

Come on, share the recipe!!

5th Belle Avenue said...

What fun!! And YUM those cinnamon rolls look AMAZING!

cheri said...

glad to hear everyone had fun - including the kids :)

Naturally Caffeinated Family said...

what a fun day!! we used to play hand and foot with a few different couples all the time! :) Your cinnamon rolls look YUMMY!

Jenster said...

ok, i think i pulled up your blog at the wrong time...i just had some sushi for lunch and those cinnamon rolls looks so darn good!!! now...craving cinnamon rolls.... :)

Ms. Emily Ann said...

What a fun visit! And those cinnamon rolls look amazing!

The Shabby Princess said...

Cinnamon rolls, yummy! Sounds like a fun day for everyone. And are you rockin' a super cute side braid in that picture? Looks so pretty!

Megan said...

I LOVE hand & foot!! Haven't met anyone else that plays it! :) Looks like a fun evening :)

let's get acquainted

My Photo
THE Stephanie
I’m Stephanie - wife to one extremely handsome cop; mother to two extremely silly kids. The hubs and I have been married since February ’99. I love him more each day and simply can’t get enough of him. My daughter, Ashton, is 12 going on 17. She’s beautiful, creative, smart, and oh, so sassy. Taylor, our son, is 8 and is so much like his daddy it’s scary. He makes me laugh all the time with the silly things he says and does. He won’t remember what you told him 5 minutes from now, just like his daddy. I love to laugh and spend time with friends and family. I’ve also recently discovered a love for cooking and enjoy sharing recipes. I love finding new blog friends, so be sure to leave a comment so I can do the same!
View my complete profile

I'm a weather addict