Does God really care?

Wednesday, July 14, 2010

The answer?  ABSOLUTELY!

Of course, I know this in my head, but sometimes, admittedly, my heart may not feel it.  This morning, I am overcome with how much God loves me and cares about every detail of my life.

Let me explain...

Joey has had a rough week.  Sunday began his first week of evaluations.  Up until now, he has been blessed with training officers who were easy to work with, willing to help, and more encouraging than critical.  This week, the opposite has been true.

Joey is living his dream and loves what he does, but it's amazing how one persons attitude can suck the life out of you.  He's been defeated.  And for me, it's just heartbreaking to watch.  I know, beyond any doubt, that God made him specifically for this purpose and that he is and will be one of the best cops the city has ever seen, but it's difficult to hear how someone can criticize your every move, and most times, for no good reason.

Last night he spent the majority of the evening studying maps, purchasing a GPS, and then driving his area in hopes to receive a bit less criticism.  I spent my evening, after he left for work, giving Joey and his situation to God.  I prayed for specific things and trusted God that He cared enough about us to handle the situation in whatever way He saw fit.  I'll admit though, I didn't want to get my hopes up.

This morning, Joey called to tell me he was on his way home and I, of course, asked how his night was.  He sounded more upbeat than he had the rest of the week.  His response?  He had a good night.

Then he quoted for me, word for word, exactly what I had prayed, but I hadn't told him anything yet.  I was shocked.  I'm not exactly sure why, because, as I said, I know that God cares.  But sometimes when I get physical proof like that, it floors me.

People, I prayed for (and wrote in my journal) exactly what Joey said happened.  Do you get that?

As if I had no reason to praise Him before, this morning, he confirmed to me what Ephesians declares.  "He is so rich in kindness and grace..." (v 1:7) "God's purpose was that we... would bring praise and glory to God." (v 1:12)

He cares.  His kindness and love are abundant.  He is not silent.


8 comments:

Sweet Simplicity said...

What a great story! God is so good.

Grand Pooba said...

Wow! That is crazy!

Boutique on Feet said...

Love that story!

Jenster said...

what a great testiment you are. thanks for sharing. hope the week goes well for the both of you.

Virginia Belle said...

This is amazing! Thanks so much for sharing another example of God's greatness.

partialemptynester said...

Sooo great! Don't you just love when God confirms that the same Holy Spirit that abides in you, abides in your husband and that He is talking to you as ONE!? Yes, God is simply amazing and how He views and treats those in holy matrimony is pretty incredible, too!!

Isabelle said...

Your post gave me goosebumps!

He does care, we all forget from time to time but he never does

Joey said...

thanks for your faithfulness babe... and thank God for his faithfulness. I love you. That was pretty amazing what happened!

let's get acquainted

My Photo
THE Stephanie
I’m Stephanie - wife to one extremely handsome cop; mother to two extremely silly kids. The hubs and I have been married since February ’99. I love him more each day and simply can’t get enough of him. My daughter, Ashton, is 12 going on 17. She’s beautiful, creative, smart, and oh, so sassy. Taylor, our son, is 8 and is so much like his daddy it’s scary. He makes me laugh all the time with the silly things he says and does. He won’t remember what you told him 5 minutes from now, just like his daddy. I love to laugh and spend time with friends and family. I’ve also recently discovered a love for cooking and enjoy sharing recipes. I love finding new blog friends, so be sure to leave a comment so I can do the same!
View my complete profile

I'm a weather addict