Weekend recap

Monday, June 14, 2010

One of my Twitter friends (@QuarterLifeGirl) posted this earlier this morning: "I need a vacation from my weekend."

I could not agree more.  I finally got out of bed this morning after snoozing for 30 minutes and I.am.exhausted.

Joey worked Friday night and I can't even remember what I did - which most likely means I watched DVR'd TV until I feel asleep.

Saturday, we slept in and then I had to be church at 2pm for rehearsal and Saturday night service.  After church, we headed out in search of a new bed for Ashton.  The bed she currently has is very old (it's a metal day bed) and it squeaks if you just look at it wrong.  So we spent several hours Saturday evening searching all of the furniture stores we could find, but never saw what we were looking for.

I guess God was looking out for us because Sunday, when I got home from church, I searched Craigs List and found this beauty of a bed.


It's solid wood, handmade, and perfect for Ashton's room!!  I love it!

Do you want to hear how much we paid for it?  $130!!  Yes, $130 and that was for the bed (headboard, footboard, rails), mattress, and boxspring!  Woohoo!!  Thank's Craigs List!

Now, the only issue is that all of Ashton's furniture is white, so it had to be painted.

So we sanded.


Painted.


And painted some more. Into the wee hours of the morning.


Ok, so it was only 10:30 at night, but since I usually go to bed around 9 or 9:30, I'd say it was the wee hours of the morning.

And then it was finished.


Joey is planning on putting it up in Ashton's room today.  We took her old bed apart, so she's ready!  I have before pics of her room that I'll show once the entire room is finished.  We need to paint, she has new bedding, and we will be doing a MAJOR cleaning out of all the crap unused toys and lots of decluttering.  I'm so excited to get this done, so hopefully it won't take too long. 

I just have to find time to paint her room.


6 comments:

Sweet Simplicity said...

What a great find! You are such a cutie!

Claire Kiefer said...

I'm always so impressed when people do these furniture projects! I've never done it myself, but that bed looks great! (And I've gotten all my jobs, apartments, and several pieces of furniture from craigslist!)

Aly @ Analyze This said...

Awesome find! I love Criaglist!!

Cute blog! I don't think I had been here before....shame on me!!!!

Sara said...

What a great find on Craig's List! My brother always has the best luck on there too! Love that bed!

California Wife said...

What a fabulous find, it looks great!!!

California Wife said...

What a fabulous find, it looks great!!!

let's get acquainted

My Photo
THE Stephanie
I’m Stephanie - wife to one extremely handsome cop; mother to two extremely silly kids. The hubs and I have been married since February ’99. I love him more each day and simply can’t get enough of him. My daughter, Ashton, is 12 going on 17. She’s beautiful, creative, smart, and oh, so sassy. Taylor, our son, is 8 and is so much like his daddy it’s scary. He makes me laugh all the time with the silly things he says and does. He won’t remember what you told him 5 minutes from now, just like his daddy. I love to laugh and spend time with friends and family. I’ve also recently discovered a love for cooking and enjoy sharing recipes. I love finding new blog friends, so be sure to leave a comment so I can do the same!
View my complete profile

I'm a weather addict