Weekend recap

Monday, June 7, 2010

This weekend was a bit different than I expected. 

Ashton was supposed to leave for camp at 8am on Saturday morning.  Instead, she came home Friday morning from a sleep over with a stomach bug and threw up all day Friday.  Obviously this meant she would not be leaving for camp at 8am on Saturday morning.

Fortunately, she was feeling 100% better on Saturday, and was fever free for 24 hours, so Joey woke up early on Sunday and drove her to camp a day late.  I'm so happy that she recovered so quickly because I know, for the next 3 days, she'll be doing lots of this:


Some of this:


And making a lot of these:


Not to mention all of the small group time, devotions, large group teachings, and worship.  Oh, and the food.  Ashton tells me that Camp Tejas has the BEST food!

Joey, Taylor and I had some fun of our own yesterday.  (Ashton can't have all the fun, right?)  Taylor invited the boys up the street to go to the pool with us so we spent 2 1/2 hours swimming, playing, and laying in the sun. And snacking.  (You can't swim with snacks, can you?)  Then everyone headed back to the house and all the boys had pizza and played video games until almost 8pm!

Overall, after the sickness was over, I'd say we had a great weekend!  How about you?


3 comments:

Melissa said...

I'm glad she feels better and got to go! It looks so fun!

Tara Gibson said...

glad she feels better! looks like a fun weekend!

LauraAnn said...

I want to be a little kid again and go to that camp!

Glad she is feeling better! :-)

let's get acquainted

My Photo
THE Stephanie
I’m Stephanie - wife to one extremely handsome cop; mother to two extremely silly kids. The hubs and I have been married since February ’99. I love him more each day and simply can’t get enough of him. My daughter, Ashton, is 12 going on 17. She’s beautiful, creative, smart, and oh, so sassy. Taylor, our son, is 8 and is so much like his daddy it’s scary. He makes me laugh all the time with the silly things he says and does. He won’t remember what you told him 5 minutes from now, just like his daddy. I love to laugh and spend time with friends and family. I’ve also recently discovered a love for cooking and enjoy sharing recipes. I love finding new blog friends, so be sure to leave a comment so I can do the same!
View my complete profile

I'm a weather addict