Weekend recap: Father's Day

Monday, June 21, 2010

This weekend started off a bit slow, with Joey being sick.  Joey is never sick, but when he does get sick, he gets really sick!  I felt so bad for him because on top of being sick, he was having a ton of trouble adjusting his sleep schedule to his new shift.

Saturday night we had plans to go on a date, and Joey was trying his hardest to make it happen, but he was sicker than sick and ended up heading to the Med Clinic instead.  He didn't sleep hardly at all Saturday night, so Sunday morning, the kids and I just let him sleep until the absolute last minute, then woke him up with homemade cinnamon rolls (yes, I made cinnamon rolls!) and Father's Day cards.


(He's going to kill me for putting this pic on the internet, but it's the only picture I have of him on Father's Day!)

Once he was up and around, we headed to his mom's house to celebrate with his grandma and grandpa.  Joey was planning on grilling the steaks, but he was so sick, he put the steaks on the grill then disappeared to his mom's room and passed out on the bed.  Luckily Pepaw finished the grilling.

After lunch, Joey headed to work and the kids and I headed to my parents to celebrate with my dad.

Since I was on a baking kick this weekend, and cinnamon rolls are my dads favorite, I made a batch for him, too!  He said they were the best he's ever had.  Granted, he's my dad, but he did eat at least two, if not 3, while I was there.


My dad and my brother had big plans to sit in front of the TV and watch golf.  So they did.


My mom and I didn't want to interrupt them, so we went to the pool with the kids.  Then we came home and cooked dinner.


Overall, it was a great celebration with my dad.  Even the kids thought so!



7 comments:

California Wife said...

That stinks that Joey was sick on Father's Day, but it looks like you were still able to make the best of it and had a great time with family!

Annie said...

aw, cute pictures!!!
what a bummer that joey was sick :( i hope he is feeling better soon!
i love your top! you are so pretty lady!!
those rolls look delicious!! i want one, right.now! ;)

Tara Gibson said...

what cute pics! love the plaid shirt on you girl!

Melissa said...

I love your plaid shirt and earrings! I hope Joey is feeling better!

Jenster said...

looks like a fairly relaxing weekend. nice.

Heather said...

What a great weekend, such a cute picture of you and your daddy. sorry your boy got sick, it's hard when one of the kiddos is sick! Glad you guys were able to enjoy it though!!

~Mrs. Guru~ said...

Looks like a fun day!

let's get acquainted

My Photo
THE Stephanie
I’m Stephanie - wife to one extremely handsome cop; mother to two extremely silly kids. The hubs and I have been married since February ’99. I love him more each day and simply can’t get enough of him. My daughter, Ashton, is 12 going on 17. She’s beautiful, creative, smart, and oh, so sassy. Taylor, our son, is 8 and is so much like his daddy it’s scary. He makes me laugh all the time with the silly things he says and does. He won’t remember what you told him 5 minutes from now, just like his daddy. I love to laugh and spend time with friends and family. I’ve also recently discovered a love for cooking and enjoy sharing recipes. I love finding new blog friends, so be sure to leave a comment so I can do the same!
View my complete profile

I'm a weather addict