Stephanie Cooks: PW's Tequila-Lime Chicken

Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Last week, I saw a recipe on The Pioneer Woman's website that I knew I had to try.  I printed out the recipe, bought the ingredients, and Sunday evening, I prepared the marinade for the best chicken you will ever put in your mouth.

PW's Tequila-Lime Chicken
(I made a few alterations based on what I had on hand.  The below recipe is how I made the dish.)

What you need:
  • 4-6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
 
   Marinade:
  • 3 whole limes, juiced
  • 2 1/2 tsp. minced garlic
  • 1 whole jalapeno, sliced
  • 1 tsp. sea salt
  • 1 bunch cilantro
  • 1/2 cup tequila (next time, I'll reduce this amount to 1/4 cup)
  • 5 tablespoons olive oil

   Topping:
  • Monterrey Jack cheese, freshly grated
  • Pico de gallo
  • avocado slices

How you make it:
  1. Combine all marinade ingredients in food processor (I used my Magic Bullet).  Pulse until combined.
  2. Place marinade in plastic bag.  Add chicken and refigerate for several hours or (preferably) overnight.  (I marinated mine overnight.)
  3. When ready to cook, remove chicken from bag and grill until done.
  4. At the end of cooking, add shredded cheese and allow to melt.
  5. Serve topped with pico and avocado slices.




PW serves the chicken with black beans, Spanish rice, and homemade flour tortillas - which sounds super yummy!  Since I'm reducing my carb intake, I opted for oven-baked broccoli seasoned with lemon pepper.

It was so delicious!  I can't wait for lunch, since I get to eat it again. :)


11 comments:

California Wife said...

Yum!!! I love anything with cilantro... thanks for sharing!

Kelly said...

All her recipes look good.
Thanks for the review, I'll have to give it a try!!

Jennifer said...

girl, didn't you say in one post that you couldn't cook or something? if so, you have lost your mind. This looks SOOOOOOOOOOOoo good! Hope ya'll are adjusting well with hubs' job. :)

Mrs. Bear said...

Mmmmmm I want some of that now for lunch!

Virginia Belle said...

This looks amazing! I've been so bored with my usual bbq or breaded chicken lately. I can't wait to try this delicious recipe!

LauraAnn said...

YUM!!! That sounds amazing! I am pretty sure that I must try this recipe because a.) my husband loves tequila lime chicken and b.) we own a Magic Bullet blender. lol

Jenster said...

steph, that looks so darn good!

Sweet Simplicity said...

YUMMY!

~Mrs. Guru~ said...

Looks amazing!

Naturally Caffeinated Family said...

mmmm! and I bet the broccoli was really yummy too! my Aunt has a Magic Bullet and we keep talking about getting one, it is so nice and easy for making baby food too! :)

Naturally Caffeinated Family said...

oops meant to add, because they have the different lid attachments that you can microwave in it and then switch to the blender attachment and on it goes, less mess, so nice :)

let's get acquainted

My Photo
THE Stephanie
I’m Stephanie - wife to one extremely handsome cop; mother to two extremely silly kids. The hubs and I have been married since February ’99. I love him more each day and simply can’t get enough of him. My daughter, Ashton, is 12 going on 17. She’s beautiful, creative, smart, and oh, so sassy. Taylor, our son, is 8 and is so much like his daddy it’s scary. He makes me laugh all the time with the silly things he says and does. He won’t remember what you told him 5 minutes from now, just like his daddy. I love to laugh and spend time with friends and family. I’ve also recently discovered a love for cooking and enjoy sharing recipes. I love finding new blog friends, so be sure to leave a comment so I can do the same!
View my complete profile

I'm a weather addict