PW's Tequila-Lime Chicken
(I made a few alterations based on what I had on hand. The below recipe is how I made the dish.)
What you need:
- 4-6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 3 whole limes, juiced
- 2 1/2 tsp. minced garlic
- 1 whole jalapeno, sliced
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- 1 bunch cilantro
- 1/2 cup tequila (next time, I'll reduce this amount to 1/4 cup)
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- Monterrey Jack cheese, freshly grated
- Pico de gallo
- avocado slices
How you make it:
- Combine all marinade ingredients in food processor (I used my Magic Bullet). Pulse until combined.
- Place marinade in plastic bag. Add chicken and refigerate for several hours or (preferably) overnight. (I marinated mine overnight.)
- When ready to cook, remove chicken from bag and grill until done.
- At the end of cooking, add shredded cheese and allow to melt.
- Serve topped with pico and avocado slices.
PW serves the chicken with black beans, Spanish rice, and homemade flour tortillas - which sounds super yummy! Since I'm reducing my carb intake, I opted for oven-baked broccoli seasoned with lemon pepper.
It was so delicious! I can't wait for lunch, since I get to eat it again. :)