A stay-cation of sorts.

Friday, June 25, 2010

Earlier this week, my Aunt, cousins, and their kids came to town for a little getaway.  They do this every year around this time and I always try to take at least 1 day off of work and take the kids to visit.

They were staying at the Hyatt Hill Country Resort and let me tell you, this place is a dream come true for families!  The have a lazy river (with lots of shade), and "beach area" with sand and sand toys, movies on the outdoor lawn in the evening, daily events for families and kids... it is so much fun!

Just check out all the fun we had!

We ordered room service for lunch and ate in the air conditioning.  But we weren't in the room long before it was back out to the lazy river.  Later that evening, the kids had tons of fun running, racing, and rolling on the grass.

After dinner, we had to have s'mores at the fire pit.  The kids had been looking forward to this for weeks!


(Above, bottom right) All the 2nd cousins posing for a pic.  They have so much fun together!  Ashton used to not like being the oldest, but now I think she really enjoys playing babysitter.  She took all the older kids around the lazy river and was so good at watching out for all of them.  Of course, they could all swim, but she kept a good eye out!

(Below top left - My mom, Aunt Alene, and Gigi - my mom's mom)  Around mid-morning, my aunt went to go pick up my grandmother and bring her to the hotel so she could see all the little ones.  She really enjoys the little babies. (Top right - me, my cousin Lauren, my cousin Bethany)  My cousins and I always have so much fun when we get together.  They're like the sisters I never had. 


I had to squeeze in a few self-portraits with my kiddos.  I just love them to peices!  We were sad that daddy wasn't with us, but he's been so sick for almost a week now and still has to work.  If you think about it, please say a prayer for him.


(Yes, I got a bit red.  And please disregard the enormity of my head in the bottom left pic.)

We had so much fun and can't wait to see them all again in less than 2 weeks when we head to Houston for vacation.  (Any of my Houston peeps wanna meet for coffee?)



5 comments:

Jenster said...

looks like such a great time!!! thanks for the info regarding the hotel too. sounds like a wonderful idea for a stay-vacay.

i love the pic with ashton and the kiddos. she already knows the leg bent pose looks fantastic in pics :)

have a great weekend!!!

The LaJeunesse Family said...

Um I am on my way now. :)

The Shabby Princess said...

I've heard that resort is amazing and so much fun! I need to book a vacation there, stat!

So sorry that Joey is still sick! Saying my prayers for him!

California Wife said...

Sounds fantastic! I love all of the pictures, you have such a cute family!

angie said...

Yah you for working with yeast. Figuring out how to get the water temp just right and rising and kneeding is an art. :)

And, look at all those kids having fun together. Glad you had so much fun as a family!

let's get acquainted

My Photo
THE Stephanie
I’m Stephanie - wife to one extremely handsome cop; mother to two extremely silly kids. The hubs and I have been married since February ’99. I love him more each day and simply can’t get enough of him. My daughter, Ashton, is 12 going on 17. She’s beautiful, creative, smart, and oh, so sassy. Taylor, our son, is 8 and is so much like his daddy it’s scary. He makes me laugh all the time with the silly things he says and does. He won’t remember what you told him 5 minutes from now, just like his daddy. I love to laugh and spend time with friends and family. I’ve also recently discovered a love for cooking and enjoy sharing recipes. I love finding new blog friends, so be sure to leave a comment so I can do the same!
View my complete profile

I'm a weather addict